Valve Guides on L185 Kabota

/ Valve Guides on L185 Kabota #1  

L1500123012

Tractor
zen-noh 1501
Can anyone tell me how diffacult it is to replace valve seals and guides on a L185 kabota 2 cyl. diesel? what special tools do i need. valve spring compressor Im sure, anything else?? Thanks

/ Valve Guides on L185 Kabota #2  
if you want to change the Guides, you'll have to bring them to a machinist / dealer. If you want to change the valve seals, you should be fine doing it yourself and you can do it with a leakdown tester and do this without having to remove the head. at least, if you can do it like on a car (i don't know Kubota's engine...)

hope you the best

/ Valve Guides on L185 Kabota #3  
Can anyone tell me how diffacult it is to replace valve seals and guides on a L185 kabota 2 cyl. diesel? what special tools do i need. valve spring compressor Im sure, anything else?? Thanks

Generally speaking you need a special tool to drive the guides out and a press and tool to press the new ones in. Or a special tool and press to press the old ones out and the new ones in.

/ Valve Guides on L185 Kabota
Thanks for the info. I getting ready to start tear down and waiting for a service manuel I hopefully will only need new valve seals. again thenks for the replys.

/ Valve Guides on L185 Kabota #5  
Are you certain that your guides are bad. Have you measured the valve stems for wear? How many hours are on the engine?

/ Valve Guides on L185 Kabota
No Im not certain of anything yet, except that it smokes alot it could just be rings are bad. I just purchased the tractor used and the hr meter does not work so I dont know how many hrs.I will know more once I start taking it apart.