Torque Wrench Question

/ Torque Wrench Question #21  
I'd say go with the craftsman if your just doing tractor stuff around the house/barn. I prefer the click style for ease of use an when you don't always want to stare at a dial. At work i personally have a 3/8 drive craftsman, a 1/2 inch drive snap on flex head, a 1/2 snap on, and a 4:1 torque multiplier so I'm good up to 2000 ftlbs. If you want to get serious and I have to break out the 1 1/2 hydraulic torque wrench then you better watch out

/ Torque Wrench Question #22  
Note that a split beam overcomes the beam "problem" of not being able to see it in tight spaces... it is just another type of clicker torque wrench, just a bit more reliable IMO than the rotating handle style. Personally, I can't argue with earlier guidance to buy a cheapo and just get close for the purposes disclosed. However, it rarely fails when I buy a tool (whether wrench or tractor or anything in between) that I don't find other uses and then wish I'd gone a little bigger/better. I'm also willing to spend a few extra bucks to buy quality american products that will last and I can pass on.

Following is a link to a useful primer on torque wrenches.
Torque wrench buyers guide

/ Torque Wrench Question #25  
Great tool, I have one, I primarily use it for torque to yield fasteners. It beats juggling a torque angle gauge.

It beats them all! dont have to look at it. Beeps and vibrates when you reach the desired setting.

/ Torque Wrench Question #26  
For 500 bucks it should serve Beer.

/ Torque Wrench Question #28  
Lew, for those jobs, I would never go out and buy an expensive torque wrench. Buy this one from Harbor Freight for $35. If it breaks, take it back and get another. Those jobs you mention don't require anything expensive in my opinion.

I agree with Jim. I purchased two of those last month for Christmas gifts for only $9.99 each and they are often on sale for $12.99. They are made actually made in Taiwan and not China.

/ Torque Wrench Question #30  
Seen a coupon today for Harbor Freight 1/2 drive torque wrench $9.99! :cool2: