Torque Wrench Question

/ Torque Wrench Question #1  

lew61

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HST
I've been out of the tool buying world for quite a few years and need advice/suggestions for the purchase of a torque wrench for checking torque on wheel and frame bolts on my Kubota (Grand L4240). I'm not certain if this is the correct forum for this post, so please don't hesitate letting me know if it isn't. Thanks.

/ Torque Wrench Question
Brands? Recommendations? Ones to avoid? Thanks!

/ Torque Wrench Question
Thank you both so much. This is exactly what I'm looking for. :thumbsup:

/ Torque Wrench Question #7  
I Really like my snap on 1/2 drive does 50-250 ft-lbs and has a 5* flex head

/ Torque Wrench Question #8  
Precision Instruments split beam... they are much less prone to damage from being knocked around than the handle-twist type. Also don't have to remember to turn them back down after each use.

You can find them on amazon, think I bought mine from tooltopia. Be sure you know what torque you need beforw you order... I needed 2 torque wrenches to cover my needs.

Great deal on Precision Instruments C3FR250F at ToolTopia.com

/ Torque Wrench Question #9  
I've got two Craftsman from many years back. 1/2 and 3/8 drive. Both in ft lbs and also a 1/4 inch drive in inch pounds from Harbor Frieght. All click style. Just looking online seems like the price has gone up about 50% on the Craftman since then. HF has 1/2 drive for half the cost of Craftsman. Dont get a beam type

/ Torque Wrench Question #10  
I know they talk about torqueing in the manual . Get a good 3/4" drive socket set and keep everything tight . This is important if tractor is new or new to you .Don't worry about the wheels , but if you have a loader , 3 pth ,etc , check the frame mounting bolts often . Loose bolts on these little tractors are a real problem . I don't know your physical condition , but a 18 " 3/4 ratchet should do the trick ., Hope this helps .