Splitting my Case 211b

/ Splitting my Case 211b #1  

Pete01

I.m trying to split my 1959 Case 211b tractor with a straight 4 spd.transmission.I have the JenSales
repair manuals and undone all external lines,nuts,and linkages.I've also done all the necessary
cribbing and supporting.Even when I attached a come-a-long attached to my pick-up and try
to roll the rear of the tractor back it will not split.Does anyone know of something I may not
be unhooking or doing wrong.I,m quite mechanically inclined and cant figure out why it wont split.
I have to replace some gears in the tranny and that's why I,m doing the split.Any insight would be
greatly appreciated,Thank You....Scratching my head on this one.

/ Splitting my Case 211b #2  
I have seen on rare occasions that the spline shaft will stick in the clutch discs, and/or the end of the shaft will stick in the pilot bushing/bearing(this is on cars/pickups, as I've never had a Case 211b apart.

But just to be sure, go back over everything...........and make sure all bolts etc. are removed.

I gotta ask though, does it seperate at all? Even a smidge? and if so, top or boottom?

/ Splitting my Case 211b #3  
I suspect hidden bolts. Maybe a panel or the shifters have to come off to expose hhem.

/ Splitting my Case 211b #4  
I am assuming you are splitting between the engine, and torque tube, right..?? 6 Bolts hold the engine to the torque tube. I had a 310B, and can't remember if where the starter attaches, if the block is notched out for that, or the starter goes through the engine casting, bolting to the torque tube.

Tranny is in neutral..., correct..?? If the clutch would happen to be binding on the shaft, maybe a push down on the pedal will release things enough, to let it slide.

If, and when you got to the point of going back together, you can engage the pto, with trans in gear, and put a wrench, what ever will fit the pto shaft, and hand crank it back together, to the point of the splined shaft meeting the clutch disc. At that point, bump trans. in neutral, and you can feel the splines mate with the clutch disc.