Where to buy unusual size U-bolt?

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #1  

schweizer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE Hst
Probably an easy answer? I'm just looking for a 3" wide U-bolt for attaching stuff to my ROPS. (Kioti DK45) Up until now I've used hose clamps to attach fire extinguisher and lights, but I'd like to build a sun shade out of fiberglass and plywood, and attach it with U-bolts. Reasonable? Local hardware stores don't have 3" wide. Any online outlets that you use? Thanks.

Marcus

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #2  
Get some all tread and one inch flat bar and make your own.. I do it all the time.. Lou

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #3  
Get some all tread and one inch flat bar and make your own.. I do it all the time.. Lou
Yes. ... Be sure to grind off the threads in the area of the bend. Otherwise you risk cracking in the stress riser at the root of each thread.
larry

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #4  
Probably an easy answer? I'm just looking for a 3" wide U-bolt for attaching stuff to my ROPS. (Kioti DK45) Up until now I've used hose clamps to attach fire extinguisher and lights, but I'd like to build a sun shade out of fiberglass and plywood, and attach it with U-bolts. Reasonable? Local hardware stores don't have 3" wide. Any online outlets that you use? Thanks.

Marcus
I get them from Agri-supply Agri Supply - Search

Instead of using plywood for your canopy you might consider something like 'divinycell'...it is a closed cell PVC foam that when laminated/encapsulated with fiberglass it is as strong as plywood and weighs about 95% less...I'm currently fabricating one myself...

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt?
Good ideas. Thank you!

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #6  
McMaster-Carr is always a good place to look for hardware.

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #7  
any leaf spring shop should have several sizes on hand.

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #8  
any leaf spring shop should have several sizes on hand.

A real good spring shop or 4x4 shop can make their own. But I agree with Lou, get some all thread and make your own.

/ Where to buy unusual size U-bolt? #9  
Boat Trailers use a lot of them.