Installing Cab Heater on 770 JD

/ Installing Cab Heater on 770 JD #1  

770JD

Tractor
770 JD & 850 JD
Need information how to install a cube cab hot water heater to a 770 JD. Not sure if this is possible because I just see a large hose coming off the water pump going to the radiator and return has a large hose at the bottom of the radiator. Further help and instructions would be gladly appreciated. Should be kind of a standard set up for most compact tractors.

/ Installing Cab Heater on 770 JD #2  
Welcome!

My 770 had a home-made cab and heater in it when I bought it. The first thing I did was remove the clouded plexi-glass windows and the rags used to seal the cab tight. Then I removed the electric plow motor and heater.

The heater was plumbed into the cooling system by means of metal fittings that popped through the radiator hoses. One on the upper and one on the lower. I think the previous owner made them, and they seemed to work fine. The only thing was that the tractor could never build up any heat on the gauge. Even in the summer, under load it would run so cool that the top hose would be warm to the touch, but not hot.

I removed the heater, the hoses and replaced the thermostat as well as flushed the cooling system. The thermostat was caked open. I don't know if that was due to the heater, but its running good and building a little heat (lower third of the gauge) now.

You should be able to find a tee fitting that you can place in a sectioned hose (cut hoses in half, clamp tee to both sides and heater hose to the small port). I would recomend a way to shut the flow off though, so that you can run it a proper temps when you don't need a heater.