MF 135 Hydraulic Lift Cover Help

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Lift Cover Help #1  

greenegg

Tractor
MF135
Hello.
Please can someone advise?
I have a 1965 MF 135 basic machine i.e. without pressure control.
Stupidly, prior to reading a solution to a problem on this website, I removed the transfer plate on the hyraulic lift cover.
I disturbed the stand pipe beneath and now have to replace the o ring at the top end as all hydraulics have stopped functioning.
Is there any potential problem in reseating the stand pipe?
Thanks.
Ian M.

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Lift Cover Help #2  
Suggest you repost farther down the forums under Vintage Massey Ferg....lots of knowledgeable folks there... BobG in VA

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Lift Cover Help #3  
If you have disturbed the standpipe and now the lift isn't working, it's quite possible the pipe is simply out of place. It's common for the pipe to slip out of the bore in the pump below when the cover is lifted, and if you've never done this before, it's easy to overlook. If you remove the cover again to check it, the pipe should be solid on the bottom. If so it will require a bit of effort with the fingertips to lift it out due to the snug fit of the O ring in the bore below. If it lifts easily, remove it entirely to inspect the O ring and backup. If it looks OK, then it's just a matter of dropping it back down and carefully feeling around for the bore. It's all done by feel, and with just enough exposed pipe for fingertip grip. When the pipe finds the mark, a gentle downward push with the thumb will produce a noticeable drop in the standout above the lift cover, and the distinct feel of the O ring seating into the bore. Install the cover plate and you should be good to go.

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Lift Cover Help
Thanks Bob. I truthfully haven't found my way around this website yet. Next time I'll follow your advice. However, Harry's reply was useful and worked.

/ MF 135 Hydraulic Lift Cover Help
Thanks Harry.
You were absolutely correct.
I replaced both O rings and the lift now seems to be working better than I expected.