david dradley

/ david dradley #1  

wilsonfarm09

Tractor
massef fergson grah
can anyone explaine how a non-locking differential speed changer workes and what is it function. also where can i buy tires for 15 in, rims with ag. treads that are resomble priced for david bradley. thanks

/ david dradley #2  
Do you mean the twin pulley mechanism between the engine, and differential..?? When you move the lever to change the position of the speed changer, the center spacer between the pulley moves one way or the other, and allows one belt to run deeper in the sheave, while the other belt rises, changing the ratio. This must be done while the engine is running.

There are a couple decent DB groups on Yahoo. These guys are really into the DB's..!! They have downloadable manuals for just about all models. REALLY handy... I have 14 of them myself... :) Great little tractors in the garden, as far as cultivating.

Click on the link below, and scroll down about half way, and keep looking on the left. 5.00-15 R1's for $69 each, not including shipping. I bought 4, 7.50-16's for my 1 ton dump last fall from them, and shipping was $20 ea. to Ohio, from Neb. Didn't think that was too bad for these days.

Hope this helps..!!

Agricultural Tires Hot Deals from Nebraska Tire - Quality discount tires and wheels for you!

/ david dradley #3  
   / david dradley #4  
When you open that link, scroll down below, and click on the David Bradley reference guide. You'll be amazed at the info there. If you have your model number off the tag on the diff., it is probably there. Parts and op. manuals, engine manuals etc. A wealth of info if you have one..!!

/ david dradley #5  
Also if you open the DB reference page, scroll down to the implement manuals, and look in the bottom right corner. There are two manuals on the speed changers, and should explain it a lot better than I did. Manual shows exploded views of them too.