ford 4630 leaking gear oil

/ ford 4630 leaking gear oil #1  

jfgoode61

Tractor
ford 4630
i work for a rv dealership and we use our tractor for pulling campers around. here lately we have nocticed that our ford 4630 is leaking gear oil from around the gear box with no signs of where it is coming from. need some help with ideas of what to do.

/ ford 4630 leaking gear oil #2  
i work for a rv dealership and we use our tractor for pulling campers around. here lately we have nocticed that our ford 4630 is leaking gear oil from around the gear box with no signs of where it is coming from. need some help with ideas of what to do.

Make sure the gearbox vent isn't clogged. I don't know where it's located but that could be the problem.
My 4610 had that problem around the top area where the shifter assembly bolts to the gear case and my understanding there is (or was) a kit to vent the gear box.

/ ford 4630 leaking gear oil #3  
If you can't tell where it is leaking, how do you expect any help from folks who can't even see the tractor?
Clean it up very well and observe closely. When you find the source of the leak, we can talk.

/ ford 4630 leaking gear oil
Now if I knew where it was leaking from I wouldn't be asking for help. Have already cleaned the area before. So but thanks I don't need your help anyways Rick b

/ ford 4630 leaking gear oil #5  
well.. you just ignor3d the help from the guy here that is likely most informed about that machine as he is a CNH guy.

good job! what's your next act.

you were given good advice.

pressure wash the thing.. then after it dries.. look to see what becomes oily first.

there's your leak.

I'm glad i don't have one of your RV's... service there must be pitifull based on the lack of diagnostic skills I'm seeing. :(