Paint color for Leinbach Line red?

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red? #1  

AmericanTractorDriver

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Hello,

I would like to repaint a Leinbach line implement, and am trying to determine the proper (or as close as possible) shade of red. Numerous Google seaches and turned up nothing. Has anyone found a good paint color for Leinbach?

Thanks.

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red? #2  
all the leinbach implements i have are blue all most same as my NH tractor and been to dealer in nc all there leinbach stuff blue not sure but ther older stuff might have been red someone here will know for sure

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red?
Interesting. I did a google image search and one of the pictures did show a blue plow. The rest were red. I already have JD green paint, but have been toying with the idea of keeping this piece looking 'original'.

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red? #4  
Lots of the aftermarket short line makers simply use the colors of the major tractor companies. That's who they want to sell things to so it makes sense. Almost all that I see is JD green, IH red, Ford blue, Kubota orange or Cat yellow. Not sure of Leinbach but my guess is IH red and Ford blue.

By the way, the acrylic enamel paint the dealer sells doesn't cost much more than the lower quality alkyd enamel the farm store sells and is waayyyy better. I have some "yard art" I did with lefoiver IH red acrylic enamel from a dealer and it looks great after 10 years outside.

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red? #5  
here is pic of my leinbach disc DSC00348.jpg

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red? #6  
hmmm - My Leinbach rake is mustard yellow. Wonder why that is?

/ Paint color for Leinbach Line red? #7  
:confused:Sixdogs probably hit the nail on head the dealler probably orders what ever color he thinks will sell i scrached thru the paint on mine and all it's ever been is blue