case 580 injector pump leak

/ case 580 injector pump leak #1  

bob holleman

Tractor
case 580,jd 2020
my injector pump is leaking from under the controll arm. is there a o-ring or something there. can't find anything that tells me how to fix.

/ case 580 injector pump leak #2  
Gday and :welcome:. What model 580 have you got? If it has got a CAV style pump on it then if you do a search on here for CAV leaking throttle shaft then you will find a couple of good threads on the subject. It is a relatively simple job so long as you are clean and careful.
Good luck with it and let us know how you get on

Jon

/ case 580 injector pump leak #3  
Like Jon said, we need to know more about your 580. If it's a straight 580 with no letter designation, it has a RoosaMaster/Stanadyne injection pump on a 188 diesel engine. These pumps continued until Case started installing Consolidated Diesel engines in the 580's starting with the 580E I think.

If you have a leak around the throttle shaft, chances are that you need more than just a seal or oring. You probably need a new bushing in the housing as well. If you're very adept with mechanical things, there are manuals online that can help you as well as parts that are available for the Stanadyne pumps.

However, if you're NOT pretty experienced with tedious and meticulous mechanical repairs, remove the pump, have it repaired by a diesel shop and reinstall it. Serious engine damage can occur if these pumps are not repaired correctly.

Mark