Hi! Newbie here! Question on AC 2800 diesel engine antifreeze type?

/ Hi! Newbie here! Question on AC 2800 diesel engine antifreeze type? #1  

don45640

Gold Member
Tractor
918 allis-chalmers
I'm Don-ohio and I once knew the type of antifreeze I needed to use on my silicone ring sealed,wet liner diesel engine.
I've been searching the web,but all I see is about corrosion and pitting,but nothing about getting an antifreeze which won't
eat away at the silicone rings sealing the wet liners.Anybody out there that knows of what I ask? Thanks! don-ohio :)^) :eek:

/ Hi! Newbie here! Question on AC 2800 diesel engine antifreeze type? #2  
:welcome:

/ Hi! Newbie here! Question on AC 2800 diesel engine antifreeze type?
Thanks,Murphy! don

/ Hi! Newbie here! Question on AC 2800 diesel engine antifreeze type? #4  
Whats so special about your antifreeze

Well,there is a problem with most antifreeze eating at the silicone sealing rings on the wet-liners. There is some antifreeze that is compatible,though(wish I could remember what type?).
I have already done a crankshaft and engine rebuild because antifreeze got by the sealing rings into the engine oil.So I don't want THAT again. don-ohio

I guess I'll call prestone tech service and see what they know about it? seems to be a conundrum. don-ohio :)^)

/ Hi! Newbie here! Question on AC 2800 diesel engine antifreeze type? #7  
I think the thing you really should be looking for is a heavy duty engine anti-freeze that inhibits cavitation erosion which is a problem on wet sleeve engines. Here is a link to a John Deere bit that talks about anti-freeze for heavy duty engines. It talks about yearly testing, CSA's that need to be monitored yearly, etc. Doesn't mention the sealing ring compatibility you talk about.

Proper Diesel Engine Coolant : Diesel engine coolant information

Hi,MHarryE! Thanks for the link! I checked it out and like some others I landed on,it does not address the`eating of the silicone rings ' question.
I'll check it out some more,but I settled on buying FLEET CHARGE by Peak because of the low silicates,which I'm thinking was said to be the cause of the breakdown of the silicone(I could be wrong,though)AND because of the low phosphates and being particularly formated for Heavy Duty diesel apps.
So I guess I'm gonna change èr out today,if the ice stops fallin'from the sky.LOL!
Thank you,again,MHarryE! don-ohio :)^)