Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #1  

skohl

Tractor
Bobcat CT122
This is my first tractor, a bobcat CT122. After doing moving some gravel on a hill with my FEL, I noticed that the front wheel assist was not assisting me any longer. I had the front wheel assist on the whole time. Is there a sheer pin somewhere on the front wheel drive system that I can get to myself. Is there anything else that could be causing my front wheels not to have any torque? I raised the front end with my loader and with the back wheels on ice the front wheels did spin slowly, but I was able to stop them with one finger.
Thanks for any advice.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #2  
It is all splined connections, no shear pin. There is a splined coupler at the rear where shaft comes out of the rear drive case. Take the bolt out that holds the shaft cover on and slide the cover forward you will see this coupler. It has a roll pin trhough the center to keep it from moving foward or aft and on both ends of the male shafts. If the pin broke and coupler moved, could cause the lost drive.
Were you using correct amount of rear counter-weight/ballast while moving the rock? If not enough weight at the rear you may have over loaded the front drive and stripped a gear or broke a shaft in front differential.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem
Thanks for guidance, I will check the coupler this weekend. Hopefully I will find a misplaced coupler and a broken pin. I only had my angle blade on the rear for counterweight, so if I did more severe damage then I guess I learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #4  
Take a look at your operator manual, back in the specifications section the lift capacity and counter-weight are listed. An agle blade isn't very heavy considering the book calls for 670 lbs. on the 3pt to handle 700-800 lbs. in the bucket.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #5  
Glad I read this thread, I have a Kioti CK20 (same tractor) and have moved 600-800 pound round bales for 3 years with only loaded tires and either tiller, rear blade, rock rake or backhoe on rear with not one issue. I'm in 4 wheel drive about half the time. I can tell there is a lot of pressure on front end by looking at front tires. Interested to find out what happened to your tractor.

Eddie

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #6  
Glad I read this thread, I have a Kioti CK20 (same tractor) and have moved 600-800 pound round bales for 3 years with only loaded tires and either tiller, rear blade, rock rake or backhoe on rear with not one issue. I'm in 4 wheel drive about half the time. I can tell there is a lot of pressure on front end by looking at front tires. Interested to find out what happened to your tractor.

Eddie

Your loaded tires are helping some to keep weight on the back but use the tiller or the backhoe when lifting that heavy, the average rear balde or rock rake don't weigh enough to give much counter-balance affect of shifting weight from the loader to the back axles.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #7  
I have a similar problem with my Bobcat CT445 front wheel drive. I recently moves some dirt with the front bucket with no counter weight. I guess I should have read the manual. How difficult is it to rebuild the front wheel drive assembly? is there any on-line help? This is a great forum, thanks for your help.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #8  
I sure hope this is a simple fix as it does not sound like you were "abusing" the machine.

/ Bobcat CT122 Front Wheel drive problem #9  
Now this is a few years later but what did you find on that? We are having the same problem and would sure help in what you found. Thanks in advance.