1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ?

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #1  

farmboy94

Tractor
1952 Massey Harris 30 gr
My 1950s Massey Harris has sat unused for nearly a year and I went out yesterday to start it up and found my fuel filter split in two. I have replaced that, charged the battery and im still not getting anything, not even the click of the starter. Its brand new gas and the fluids have all been replaced. Any pointers or ideas would be greatly appriciated.

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #2  
:welcome:

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #3  
Bad gas, drain and refill may have to rebuild carb;

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ?
Would that prevent it from even attempting to turn over, and I have drained and put brand new gas in this morning with no luck.

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #5  
check bat connections and grounds

I have taken the battery off for the night due to the cold nights and to see if charging it wil make the difference, I will try wire brushing the conections in the morning and making sure they are tight thanks

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #7  
Make sure the engine is not seized by turning it over by hand.

Mike R, I am new to all this, however I know I do not have the hand crank for this tractor, the crank hole I assume would be right in the front is that correct?

And how hard would it be to find a hand crank ?

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #10  
You are correct with the location of the hole. You can farbricate a hand crank easily. I would not recomend doing it that way unless you have been shown how to do it properly.

I would say kill the spark to the engine and leave it off. Put thr tractor in gear and rock it back and forth. You should be able to move it and see the fan blade turning.