Tractor
    LS 3033 H

Default Help!!!

I got my tractor stuck in a pond water and mud got into the engine ! Had changed the oil & filter several times but didn't know that mud could get in there !!! Now I called the insurance co. And put in a claim, I think the engine is seized ! Is it totaled? The repairs are going to be about $10000-11000 !!!!!!!! Tractor was 17800 new what to do?

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Default Re: Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie620 View Post
    I got my tractor stuck in a pond water and mud got into the engine ! Had changed the oil & filter several times but didn't know that mud could get in there !!! Now I called the insurance co. And put in a claim, I think the engine is seized ! Is it totaled? The repairs are going to be about $10000-11000 !!!!!!!! Tractor was 17800 new what to do?
    i sure hope ins pays would not do anything till they decide what there discisson is do you know for sure it's locked up and there is probably water in every thing else as well not a good thing at all i wish you the best on the out come

Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

Good luck

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Wait for the insurance company as sam5570 said. Keep us posted as to the outcome. Good luck and welcome to TBN.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    LS 3033 H

Thanks, it's at the dealer, they pulled it all apart engine is seized, mud was in oil pan, blocked up the oil pump intake! Just don't know how mud got in there ? Thought it was sealed except for the fill tubes, but thought that only water would've gotten in !

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

The hot oil pan may have warped when it hit the cold water, allowing pond water to get sucked in around the gasket.

Tractor
    LS 3033 H

Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    The hot oil pan may have warped when it hit the cold water, allowing pond water to get sucked in around the gasket.
    That just is the worst thing that has happened. Only have 125 hrs on it hoping insurance pays off!!!!

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Murph ------------