Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Landini Atlas 75

Default Re: Power steering fluid squirting out of the oil Reservoir breather hole

Thank you for your reply. I have found the cause to my problem the tractor has hydrostatic power steering, in the steering valve (that's what the steering column connects to) there is a built in relief valve the relief valve is damaged and passes the fluid back to the reservoir through the return line. I would like to thank everyone for their help on this problem.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

Default Re: Power steering fluid squirting out of the oil Reservoir breather hole

Quote Originally Posted by mlswr View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I have found the cause to my problem the tractor has hydrostatic power steering, in the steering valve (that's what the steering column connects to) there is a built in relief valve the relief valve is damaged and passes the fluid back to the reservoir through the return line. I would like to thank everyone for their help on this problem.
    Always good to finally figure it out. Thanks for letting us know; that's one I haven't seen.

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Landini Atlas 75

I have attached a picture of where the relief valve is to help anyone in the future with a similar problem

Power steering fluid squirting out of the oil Reservoir breather hole-valve.jpg

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

I have attached a picture of where the relief valve is to help anyone in the future with a similar problem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valve.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	300127
    Is that valve serviceable separately, or does that mean you need a new pump ?

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Landini Atlas 75

I am buying a new pump my tractor has a bit over 4000 hours, I may save downtime later by replacing the pump. I haven't been searching for a relief valve to know if it can be bought separately a new pump costs $399 US

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Did you see this damaged relief valve or did someone tell you??
    2010 Kubota B2320 FEL & BH65
    If it ain't fixed don't broke it!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...-month-wdchyd/

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

I am buying a new pump my tractor has a bit over 4000 hours, I may save downtime later by replacing the pump. I haven't been searching for a relief valve to know if it can be bought separately a new pump costs $399 US
    I don't change enough of these to know for sure, but that doesn't seem like a bad price to me. For something that I rely on, I'd make the same choice.

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Landini Atlas 75

I took the steering valve to the hydraulic repair shop to get it tested and they rang me, I picked it up yesterday and I thought I would have a look I took the spring out and tapped and shook the unit but I couldn't get anything else out, probably needs compressed air behind it to pop it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12