L2350 help

/ L2350 help #1  

vtlogger

Tractor
kabota l2350
Hello

I"m new there so i Hope this is in the right spot ... what i got is my L2350 kabota ..when the temp drop's bellow 0 the front wheel's seem to freeze up?? it does it 2wd or 4wd it's like there's water getting in somewhere to freeze up the front driver shaft..which run's though the oil pan, tried to let it run to see if it maybe ice between the drive shaft and the oil pan, but does seem to matter...just today i was in a hurry to move it and was not thinking started it up let out on the clutch and it made one heck of a noise ( i think i may of messed up the drive shaft) but even with that the wheel's refuse to move, when they do move one will spin one way and the other the other way until it's warmed up, but not sure if that really what happening....has anyone ever heard of this??...PLEASE HELP
thanks
jerry

/ L2350 help #2  
Well Vtlogger I would get the tractor inside and use some type of heater that throws out a flame and heat up the front pumpkin ,axle area and drain the oil from it. Then i would go to a lighter synthetic gear lube for the front end. I am pretty sure this will solve your problem. When was the last time the front diff. was serviced? and what weight did you use when you serviced it? Let us know what works...

/ L2350 help
speedy...Thanks for the info.. well the front end was serviced just last year.. had all the seals replaced and new oil..no new part's other than seal's....done at a kabota dealer so i'm not sure of the oil weight they used..sure it was kabota gear oil...i've had this tractor for about 6yrs now and only started to use it in the winter to push up logs on the landing or for that "one log" that's a pain to get with the horse's....i just went out and jack up the front end .. this is what it did... by hand spin left tire and the right spin the other way...everthing seam's free?? but yet i set it on the ground and they seam to " fight " one another to spin when i try to drive it..in the past i've just driven it back and forth until it free's up... but it's a pain in the a%@ if i need it now!! hate to sell it but i need it to work today and ever day just not day's that it's warm... do you still think it maybe the oil???

/ L2350 help #4  
Well some front ends require a special additive to allow slippage. It is possible that it was not added when you had it serviced. Some gear lubes come with it already in it. Some have to be added as u fill it. I would check my manual or dealer and see what it takes and change it out again. Cheap fix if it works. It will take a few minutes of driving to break it loose after u change it out. But it should break free. I have attached my email here so u can send me ur number if u like and we can talk. i can send u mine also so we can talk u if u like. Preston... riley488@live.com

/ L2350 help #5  
Sounds to me like a front pinion or bearing problem or possibly a problem back at the transmission end. It is not an additive problem that tractor does not have a limited slip front differential.

Brian

/ L2350 help #6  
Thanks Brain for clarifying that.... Sounds like it may get expensive to repair....Keep us posted Vtlogger...

/ L2350 help
okay.. will this happen only when the temp. drop's below 0 ?? lot's of good stuff for me to look into....

/ L2350 help #8  
It should never happen. Regardless of the temp. You definitely need to get it looked at. Needs to be torn down i think for a good inspection to see whats going on there.

/ L2350 help #9  
You have a bearing or gear problem. I would remove the driveshaft and try driving it. If it does the same thing the problem is in the differential, if it doesn't the problem is in the 4wd gears in the transmission.

Brian

/ L2350 help
Thank's guy's i'll get in the shop as soon as it's warm enough to move it again....keep ya posted