John deere model B Grain Drill Disk removal

/ John deere model B Grain Drill Disk removal #1  

JJ NO 7

Tractor
MF 255
I have an Jd model 16-7B double disk grain drill (serial # 5411) that I need to replace some of the disks on. Also a couple of them have went missing over the years.

How do you remove them. I do not have pics yet but can get them. Just wondering if anyone has done this before and and give me a direction to start.

Thanks.

/ John deere model B Grain Drill Disk removal #2  
I have an Jd model 16-7B double disk grain drill (serial # 5411) that I need to replace some of the disks on. Also a couple of them have went missing over the years.

How do you remove them. I do not have pics yet but can get them. Just wondering if anyone has done this before and and give me a direction to start.

Thanks.

Don't know about that particular grain drill. But my JD 71 row planter has double disc openers. The discs are held on by hex key socket bolts. The single disc openers on my restored Minneapolis Moline P3-6 disc (10 ft wide, 20 drops, 6" row spacing) are held on by standard hex head bolts.

/ John deere model B Grain Drill Disk removal #3  
I have the 71 flex planter with double disk openers as well, I can't remember specifics, but, look for left hand threads on either the bolts or the cover caps bjr