2011 Bobcat CT445 SST

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #1  

jgodin

Tractor
Bobcat CT445
I started my tractor this evening, fired right up no problem. I went to get off to let it warm up a bit, before I realized I didn't have the parking break engaged I stood up from the seat which kills the engine (about 30 sec after starting). Sat down to start it up again and it turns over but doesn't fire. Any suggestions?

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #2  
Welcome to the forum...Hmm I would be thinking fuel shutoff solenoid not allowing fuel flow. There are 2 fuses a pull coil and a hold coil fuse, and there is a pull coil relay also that activates the pull portion of the solenoid.. I would see what I can see in the fuse box first.. I am no expert on these kinds of things, perhaps someone else will weigh in here.

James K0UA

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #3  
Did you touch the hydro pedal when you got off?

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #4  
I thought those were white Kioti's? I don't have a seat switch. Do you Sir James?

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #5  
I thought those were white Kioti's? I don't have a seat switch. Do you Sir James?

dont seem to murph, you can push the hydro pedals off the seat and the tractor will move. but you have to remember there are some differences, especially in the electrical portion of the specification. Also bob-kitties don't have a draft control either. So like blood brothers, but not entirely identical twins.

James K0UA

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #6  
dont seem to murph, you can push the hydro pedals off the seat and the tractor will move. but you have to remember there are some differences, especially in the electrical portion of the specification. Also bob-kitties don't have a draft control either. So like blood brothers, but not entirely identical twins.

James K0UA

Ah I see now, Thanx. I was really surprised about not having a seat switch so was my Service manager.

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #7  
When my Kioti DK35 HST was new I had an intermittent problem that I believe was a sticking fuel shutoff solenoid as mentioned by K0UA. I noticed when I turned the ignition on I would sometimes not hear the click as the solenoid operated. It happened a few times and it would work if I turned the key off and on. It cleared itself up so I suspect it was a sticky solenoid that loosened after a while.

But others on the forum have had similar problems and had to replace the solenoid. Or it could be a blown fuse as K0UA suggests. The fact that it turns over seems to suggest it isn't getting fuel.

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST
I have the shuttle shift. There is a safety switch in the seat that kills the engine if you get off without the transmission disengaged and the brake locked.

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST
Thanks for the help. Checked the fuse and it's ok. Next I'll be checking the relay for the fuel pump.

/ 2011 Bobcat CT445 SST #10  
Yep, the Albinos are a little different than Kioti, they have a seat switch. The OP's is a shuttle/gear, it has to have body in seat, PTO off, forward/reverse lever in neutral to crank the engine. On the Bobcat equivalent to DKs HST it requires seat switch, PTO off, Range selector in neutral, and brake depressed to crank, From what I've read, the engine turns over but won't fire.
jgodin, Are you getting any smoke? If no smoke there is no fuel to pump - either fuel is gelled or solenoid maybe not coming on. If there is some gray.white smoke there is fuel but probably not sufficient pre-heat.
To check the fuel solenoid, look at the injection pump and locate the 2 levers on it. 1 of these has the throttle cable connected the other has nothing - this one is the manual shutoff. Take the 2 screws out of the fuel solenoid and pull the solenoid out of the pump, just let it hang on the the wire harness and try to start engine. If it starts you know solenoid is not working for whatever reason, move the lever with no cable connected to shut engine off then troubleshoot the solenoid and relay, or make sure you have fuel flow to the pump (not gelled fuel).
If you have smoke out the exhaust, troubleshoot the glow plug circuit.