Bush Hog 406 (drive shaft slipped off of Gear Box input shaft) Need advise (with pic

/ Bush Hog 406 (drive shaft slipped off of Gear Box input shaft) Need advise (with pic
Thanks guys for all your help. This forum is great for people like me. I have lots of desire and willingness to learn, but limited mechanical experience. This forum if the best reference I have available for questions like this. thanks again.

/ Bush Hog 406 (drive shaft slipped off of Gear Box input shaft) Need advise (with pic #32  
Thanks guys for all your help. This forum is great for people like me. I have lots of desire and willingness to learn, but limited mechanical experience. This forum if the best reference I have available for questions like this. thanks again.

Glad to help. Nice to participate in a rational discussion among reasonable people and come to a satisfactory conclusion. A TBN rarity
That shaft is different from what I expected as well, but you will have no problems now. . The 5/16" bolt probably sheared when you were having the over-length shaft issue.

/ Bush Hog 406 (drive shaft slipped off of Gear Box input shaft) Need advise (with pic
All this monkeying around with my shaft has got me wishing I had a quick detach collar on each end. It would certainly make it easier to maintain the shaft the way the mfg. recommends (greasing, etc) Anyway, If ever I need to change or modify this shaft, Im going to look into this. thanks