asv track down

/ asv track down #1  

JOD45

Tractor
asv 2800
i have an asv 2800 skid steer i am haveing problems with the left track.was useing it when i lost power to my left track(no strange noises)just nothing there. the right track is still workn fine. i noticed a slight hydro leek coming from the piston that locks the track when off.i tightened nut still very slight leek. so i checked the fluid level, it was about 5 gallons low. added fluid still wont work. was wondering if anyone has run into this problem before and could help me mine. thanks.

/ asv track down #2  
My Hydro parking brake piston fitting broke a few times when brush gets in to it, I keep a few extra fitting under the seat. So are you sure, the brake is disengaging ?. Check for leaks at the hydraulic motor that drives your final drive. I cannot remember if it is a spine or keyway setup connecting to the final drive. but I really check the disengaugement of the parking brake

/ asv track down
thanks for the reply! the piston seems to be working fine. the leak was coming from ths hose fitting end. i will do a more through inspection for other leaks.think that was the only one? let me know if u got any other ideas? thanks.

/ asv track down #4  
Well Since your right track works and I am guessing the loader works, that the pump is working.
how many hours on the machine, do you hear any binding? is the track free? linkage in the control lever connected?
have you ever changed the planitary gear oil ? thats the final drive unit attached to the track basket.
my manuals are at the farm and I'm working out of state right know. let me know what you find
JC