1998 863 F-Series Bob cat that blows fuse each time you turn the key on

/ 1998 863 F-Series Bob cat that blows fuse each time you turn the key on #1  

euonymous777

Tractor
1998 Bobcat 863 F-Series
We have a Bobcat, 1998, F-series 863 that has recently started to blow the fuse each time you turn the key on. Any suggestions for what is going on with it would be greatly appreciated.

/ 1998 863 F-Series Bob cat that blows fuse each time you turn the key on #2  
I'm assuming your key switch it at the left top front of the ROPS like many. Is there a particular function you have turned on, such as lights etc..?? Do you have a manual showing which particular fuse is blowing..??
I had the fuse for the lights on my 450 blow. Insulation was worn off the wire up behind the ign. switch panel, and shorting out, shutting the whole unit down.

/ 1998 863 F-Series Bob cat that blows fuse each time you turn the key on #3  
You must have short to ground. Rig a light (voltage same as machine, 12, 24 etc) across the fuse that's blown.
The light will be "on" rather than a fuse blowing, allowing you to search for the short.

/ 1998 863 F-Series Bob cat that blows fuse each time you turn the key on
Thankyou for your replies. The information we found on here helped. If we have another problem I will get your replies to my husband.

It was the glow plug that was shorting if that is how you say it. He disconnected it. Like I said, we may be back if more falls apart...lol... it is an old machine. ty very much. This is a good site.