Battery connected backwards

/ Battery connected backwards
I would contact the dealer and see what they'll do. If nothing at least you'll have some leverage if something should go wrong down the road.
I bought it really cheap. Basically sold as is. The dealer never touched it. He took it as a trade in and unloaded it at my house. I deal with them a lot I might mention it in passing to him but if he never got to work on the tractor I would not expect him to stand behind this. It is still a great tractor in really good condition for its age. I was just looking for info on reversing back the battery.

/ Battery connected backwards #12  
Here's some information of reverse charging of a lead acid battery:
Battery Myth | Can a Battery
....So let me restate: The only way for a battery that has a positive charge, to reverse itself, is for the battery to be completely discharged, and then reversed charged. We have seen this happen a couple of times, and it would be considered the more common of these rare situations.

For all intents and purposes, the battery will be ruined. You could technically charge it up, negatively, and continue to use it, but your plates are designed with the positive plates being lead dioxide, and the negative being composed of a sponge lead, which would now be reversed. Because the reversed battery is no longer formatted correctly, it will only work to a limited degree.....

-------------------
Sounds like a new battery might be a good choice in the near future.

Good luck,
Loren

/ Battery connected backwards #13  
I would get a new battery as soon as possible before that one short's out inside and burn's stuff up.the plates will melt together and short out when your a mile away from anything to put the fire out. to me it's just not worth taking a chance like that over a $50 battery

/ Battery connected backwards #14  
Check the manual it might be correct. I don't know that make of tractor but some autos are hooked up that way.

/ Battery connected backwards #15  
Check the manual it might be correct. I don't know that make of tractor but some autos are hooked up that way.

Many may be too young to remember old Ford cars polarity. :)

/ Battery connected backwards #16  
I would get a new battery as soon as possible before that one short's out inside and burn's stuff up.the plates will melt together and short out when your a mile away from anything to put the fire out. to me it's just not worth taking a chance like that over a $50 battery

^^^^^^THIS!!!!!! Replace it now!! A new battery is $75 bucks, give or take. If the battery you have in the tractor now decides to burn up and take a few things with it, how much might it cost you to fix it then???? JMHO.

/ Battery connected backwards #17  
I'm not that familiar with kubotas but some older JDs have a positive ground. Check it out first.

/ Battery connected backwards #18  
Ditto...it's the dealer's fault here. don-ohio:2cents:
I would contact the dealer and see what they'll do. If nothing at least you'll have some leverage if something should go wrong down the road.

/ Battery connected backwards #19  

Listen to this guy! Your battery is shot, even if it still works. Get it out of the tractor and use it as a core!

One thing he forgot to mention: is it worth it if it leaks acid all over your tractor after it blows up?

/ Battery connected backwards #20  
Not to hijack but, I once installed a pair of new C cells in something or other and the device did no work so using my volt meter I checked the cells and discovered that one cell was somehow built reverse. Never did figure out how that could happen.