John Deere 3005 wiring diagram???

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #1  

790greene

Tractor
John Deere 790
Does anyone on here have a wiring diagram for a J.D. 3005? I have a 2007 790 and I believe the wiring is exactly the same. All of the wiring diagrams I get for the 790 are for the older models. I have an 07 and in 08 they changed from a 790 to a 3005. The 790 with serial numbers beginning with 390, 470, 570, and 670 are all the older models. my model begings with 190, which is for the 07 model year. I believe the 04 to 07 model years might also be the same the 04 starts with a 790, the 05 is an 890 and teh 06 is a 900. Hope someone has the right diagram. I have been having issues with the lighting and would appreciate if I could get a diagram to maybe help me out. I have no head or tail lights, and no signals or flashers. Just bought a new headlight switch today and it didn't fix the problem. Tested all the lighting circuits from the battery to the fuse block with a hot wire and they all work fine, so I would like to see an entire diagram of the system so maybe i can look for something else. I appreciate any help I can get. thanks!!

Last edited:
   / John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #2  
So your saying you jumped 12v power direct from the battery to the light switch fuses for your test. Where does your light switch get its power source? Normally thats pretty simple circuit. Battery power (switched or unswitched) to light switch/fuses/flasher unit/lights/common ground. Mine is run thru the key switch but some models the lighting circuit is powered direct and I would assume fused to protect the switch.

Cant help with 3005 wiring diagram though

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram???
The headlight/ signal switch gets its power from the key switch. I have voltage to the headlight switch, but then it goes to the fuse box i assume, there is no power in the one half of the fuse box. The half with all the lighting circuits on it. There is a seperate button on my tractor for hazard lights, and that button will light up when pressed but the hazard lights don't light up or flash. So i am not sure if the flasher unit is bad. The puzzling thing is if the flasher is bad does that also interfere with the headlight and taillight circuit? The flasher unit looks pretty complex. When i opened it up it has a circuit board in it. Not sure if there is possibly another fuse buried in the wiring harness somewhere prior to going to the fuse block. That is why i was hoping someone might have a diagram. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the reply!!

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #4  
I have the August 2003 dated 790 tech manual on PDF if you'd like it shoot me your email

Joe

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #5  
No the flasher unit itself should not have any effect on the headlight/tailght circuit.

I dont have a separate hazard switch on my tractor BUT the manual does show an alternative wiring diagram with one. It has fused unswitched power going directly to it (and activates the flasher relay) and then is tied into the light switch circuit beyond the key switch and is fused again. Only a guess you might be wired simiiar and does seem like a power fuse failure so I would take a look at some of the others. Its the best I can offer good luck!

i already have the older diagrams joecdeere, but thanks for the offer i appreciate it.

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #7  
I'll check mine tonite when I get home, it might be the version your looking for.

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #8  
My manual is for the 2004 year model, and like you said, serial # 790000

Here's a shot of the wiring anyway, 2 versions, 790000 and below, 790001 and above (I think I got that right)

Attachments

• 790000Esch.jpg
    790000Esch.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 47,406
  • 790001Esch.jpg
    790001Esch.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 67,483
not sure if you got my private messages, but thanks for the drawing. i have a buddy helping me with it. hopefully we can figure it out. thanks again. :thumbsup:

/ John Deere 3005 wiring diagram??? #10  
I have the August 2003 dated 790 tech manual on PDF if you'd like it shoot me your email

Joe

I have 2002 790 and I'm looking for wiring diagram. The fuel guage and temp gauge don't work and I would like to look at the wiring diagram and try and fix the problem. Thanks
Will