2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start #1  

snomoride

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
Hi guy's, New to this forum !! But I need some help with my 110 TLB Tractor problem. I have a No Start problem. Just installed a New Yanmar 4TVN-88 motor, . After purging all the air out of fuel system it started right up and ran for 3 to 5 secs. After reading the shop manual it seems that the Fuel Shut off sol. timer timed out! This happened at least 6 times now nothing. I have power to the Fuel sol. . Now this is a New Motor not a reman. Anyone ever had this problem with Fuel Sol. not staying on! Or timing out after it started.
Thanks

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start #2  
Hi guy's, New to this forum !! But I need some help with my 110 TLB Tractor problem. I have a No Start problem. Just installed a New Yanmar 4TVN-88 motor, . After purging all the air out of fuel system it started right up and ran for 3 to 5 secs. After reading the shop manual it seems that the Fuel Shut off sol. timer timed out! This happened at least 6 times now nothing. I have power to the Fuel sol. . Now this is a New Motor not a reman. Anyone ever had this problem with Fuel Sol. not staying on! Or timing out after it started.
Thanks

There must be a control module containing the timer circuit and whatever else. If it's part of the new engine system does it need to be programed? Do you have a manual? Have you asked the folks who sold you the engine?

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start
It has a Fuel Sol.shut off timer module. Kind of weird it has 3 relay's and this timer that work the Fuel shut off sol. (Yes) as per the manual, This is part of the tractor. The only thing the New motor came with is a new fuel sol. So i'll be checking the new sol. to see if it's bad. The bad thing about this is that according to my Deere Dealer the 110TLB and 4 other Deere models use this setup. Not real common, But the same system on all the 110TLB's !

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start #4  
The solenoid may be getting power when cranking and losing power after you stop cranking. Some of those solenoids/ignition switches work that way. You may need someone else's help but try to check the power while cranking and then after. Is there a chance in the swap the wires got crossed? Keep us posted....

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start #5  
It has a Fuel Sol.shut off timer module. Kind of weird it has 3 relay's and this timer that work the Fuel shut off sol. (Yes) as per the manual, This is part of the tractor. The only thing the New motor came with is a new fuel sol. So i'll be checking the new sol. to see if it's bad. The bad thing about this is that according to my Deere Dealer the 110TLB and 4 other Deere models use this setup. Not real common, But the same system on all the 110TLB's !

I'm not familiar with the specifics of your tractor so I just give you some general info.

Make sure that your battery has a good ground connection Put a VOM lead on the wire to the solenoid and another to ground and use the voltage setting on the VOM. With all the controls in neutral and sitting in the seat turn the key to the run position. Is there a voltage indication on the VOM? Repeat turning the key to the start position. Now what does the VOM say? I would think you should see a voltage indication in each case.
If you have voltage in both cases. i'd suspect the solenoid.

If you don't, trace that wire back to the control module making sure it has continuity. Make sure all the interlock switches are functioning because they may be part of the starting logic. Check the voltage on all the connections going to the control module from the interlocks. They are usually series connected so they all have to have continuity to allow a start. Start at the control module and if there is no voltage there with the key on while you sit in the seat, check the indiviual switches for contiuity with the ohm function on your VOM. If all the iputs to the control module are good and there is no out put from the control module, then it must be bad. If you have voltage to the fuel solenoid then the solenoid must be bad.
That's the general methodology I would use to checkout this problem.

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start #6  
:welcome: to TBN you really need to post this in the John Deere forum. Good luck.

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start
Oh Well, Anyways checked all that could last night . Started with the Solenoid ohm'ed it out with another one (OK). So checked contiuity to all grounds at these relay's (ok). Figured out how to bypass all the relay's with a momentery switch and see ran. Hook it all back up it seems like it the Time out module ,The path goes to it and then to the pull-in relay. It stay's on for 5 secs (Timer Module) like the manual states but will not ground for the other realy to make the Soleniod work. Got one coming in UPS tomarrow.
Thanks!!

/ 2004 John Deere 110 TLB no start #8  
Oh Well, Anyways checked all that could last night . Started with the Solenoid ohm'ed it out with another one (OK). So checked contiuity to all grounds at these relay's (ok). Figured out how to bypass all the relay's with a momentery switch and see ran. Hook it all back up it seems like it the Time out module ,The path goes to it and then to the pull-in relay. It stay's on for 5 secs (Timer Module) like the manual states but will not ground for the other realy to make the Soleniod work. Got one coming in UPS tomarrow.
Thanks!!

How did you bypass the relays? From where to where did you jumper? Would the key still shut if off or did you have to remove the switch you put in?