AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak

/ AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak #1  

mattnice

Tractor
~1959 Allis Chalmers
20130207_111545.jpg
There is this moist area on the right side of my AC D14 at the area you can see in the pic. I have recently purchased this tractor and have not given it a bath yet, so I do not know if it actually is progressively getting worse or actively leaking. Just wondering where I should start on troubleshooting, what it could be, and if I should be concerned? The tractor starts and runs great. Thanks.

/ AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak #2  
Guessing that is the hydraulic fill cap, and probably behind that sheet metal is where part of the hydraulic system is. Possibly a connection weeping. Pull the side panels, and look for washed areas where oil may have leaked.

/ AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak #3  
View attachment 301946
There is this moist area on the right side of my AC D14 at the area you can see in the pic. I have recently purchased this tractor and have not given it a bath yet, so I do not know if it actually is progressively getting worse or actively leaking. Just wondering where I should start on troubleshooting, what it could be, and if I should be concerned? The tractor starts and runs great. Thanks.

Looks like there is reservior breather there. Make sure it's not clogged,

/ AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak #4  
Those old iron tractors tended to have some minor leaking at the seams. I would look behind the panel to see if something was loose but unless it is really leaking badly in like a puddle under the tractor after parking or if it leaks worse when running , I wouldn't worry too much about it, just top up the oil occasionally.

/ AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak #5  
Looks like a drain plug there? Maybe leaking from that? don-ohio :confused:
Those old iron tractors tended to have some minor leaking at the seams. I would look behind the panel to see if something was loose but unless it is really leaking badly in like a puddle under the tractor after parking or if it leaks worse when running , I wouldn't worry too much about it, just top up the oil occasionally.

/ AC D14 Mysterious Fluid Leak #6  
With that dark ring around the bolt by the fill port, I believe that is what is leaking. check it for tightness and if loose, I would remove it and put a little pipe dope on it and reinstall. Threads do wear after years of use and
vibration. Just my :2cents: for today. Let us know what you find.

Tom