Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #1  

rdarnold

Tractor
kioti DK40
I have couple minor problems the first the tractor will not turn off with the key. I am try to locate(assuming there is one)the fuel shutoff relay. I know the solenoid is good because if i throw 12 volts to the wire at the solenoid it engages and turns the tractor off.
other problem is the tachometer quit I am pretty sure the cable is broke. The question i have is, is it best to go to the dealer for parts or is there a online distributor that does a good job.
Thanks in advance
Randy

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #2  
Problem 1 could be the key switch itself(check the Kioti forum). Problem 2, diagnose the problem first, then go to the dealer for parts.

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #3  
I have the exact same problems. im not worried about the tach but the engine shut off i want fixed, ive replaced both the shut off cylinoid and the key switch and it still doesnt work???? i dont live near a dealer so i buy parts online and trouble shoot by trial and ERROR.

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #4  
I have the exact same problems. im not worried about the tach but the engine shut off i want fixed, ive replaced both the shut off cylinoid and the key switch and it still doesnt work???? i dont live near a dealer so i buy parts online and trouble shoot by trial and ERROR.
According to the OP, power must be supplied to the solenoid to shut the tractor down. So tracing of the wire, to find out why there is no power there, would be the next move. Have you tried the Kioti forum to look for similar problems/fixes?

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #5  
On my DS4510, there are 3 wires going to the eng. shutoff solenoid. One is the momentary power to help pull the pin back against the spring and then the other two hold it back. When you cut the power (key off) then the spring drives the pin into the shut off plate in the injector assy. I had a similar problem and it turned out the controlling module under the dash (also controls some of dash functions) was bad. My experience so far.

Almost forgot, :welcome: to TBN. You can learn a lot here..

Tom

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #6  
On my DS4510, there are 3 wires going to the eng. shutoff solenoid. One is the momentary power to help pull the pin back against the spring and then the other two hold it back. When you cut the power (key off) then the spring drives the pin into the shut off plate in the injector assy. I had a similar problem and it turned out the controlling module under the dash (also controls some of dash functions) was bad. My experience so far.

Tom

Agreed that is how the fuel shutoff solenoid works, a large current thru the fuel shut off relay, this is called the pull current. and a small holding current on the second coil of the fuel shutoff solenoid of less than an amp. This holds the pin back. When the key is shut off the holding voltage/current is removed.
The tach is not mechanical, there is no cable.

The electronic pickup sensor of engine is located in
the gear case close to the gear teeth of the fuel injection
cam shaft. As the gear rotates, frequency occurs
between the teeth of the fuel cam shaft gear and the tip
of the sensor and this is sent to the display unit. Then,
the display unit sends a signal to the tachometer in the
instrument panel.
The output voltage of the display unit differs depending
on the engine speed. When the engine speed is low,
the output voltage is low.
Reversely, the output voltage increases as the engine
speed increases. The tachometer reads this voltage
signal and displays it on the instrument panel in rpm.

At least this is how the modern DK35 and DK40 DK45 work.

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #7  
My DK35 had a fuel feed problem but found the cable/pulley mechanism after the junction between the foot pedal and manual lever was hanging up, not allowing the the full travel. A small cotter pin was catching.

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions
I have not found the problem yet. I am going to get the wiring diagram and go from there, I was able to take the key switch off and take it apart and clean the contacts also stretched the spring a little bit to give a little extra pressure on the contacts, but not my problem. I also found some wiring diagrams but they were for the DK40se and different from the older DK40, since i know if i put 12 volts to the solenoid I am tempted to just wire in a momentary switch to the solenoid wire and be done with it. The tach problem was a broken cable and i have ordered a new cable. Thanks again

/ Kioti DK40 tractor will not turn off #9  
A fuel solenoid by nature must be a NC (normally closed) unit otherwise when stopped the coil would always be drawing current and therefore draining the battery.
That being said the OFF can be created by switching off power to the solenoid (via switch) or in an emergency pulling the ground wire.
Solenoid will need 2 wires to operate. One HOT and other GND.
Pull either and tractor will stop!

As a theft deterant device you can add a hidden switch on either wire thereby disabling the the tractor.