Bearing cross reference

/ Bearing cross reference #1  

JJZ 109

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380/LA344 loader/60" MMM, Bobcat S185 skid steer, JD X394 4 wheel steer mower
Not really a tractor related question, but it's about getting parts so what the heck.
Just got a couple of bearings in the mail today for a Knudson EL 2002 elbow machine. I'm in the seamless gutter business. Anyway, they're Pacific Bearing Co. part # FLC12SE. I got them from the machine's manufacturer and they were $44 each plus shipping.
Is there anyplace to cross the part number to possibly find a lower cost alternative? They last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons, but I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.

/ Bearing cross reference #2  
Not really a tractor related question, but it's about getting parts so what the heck.
Just got a couple of bearings in the mail today for a Knudson EL 2002 elbow machine. I'm in the seamless gutter business. Anyway, they're Pacific Bearing Co. part # FLC12SE. I got them from the machine's manufacturer and they were $44 each plus shipping.
Is there anyplace to cross the part number to possibly find a lower cost alternative? They last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons, but I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.

Go to a bearing supply place (check the yellow pages) and take a bearing with you so they can read the numbers of it . They can match it and any seals using the same methods.

/ Bearing cross reference
Go to a bearing supply place (check the yellow pages) and take a bearing with you so they can read the numbers of it . They can match it and any seals using the same methods.

I haven't installed the bearings yet, so they're still in the box with numbers. Now that I think about it, I have a friend who runs the local Kamen place. He's dealt with bearings and all other kind of industrial stuff forever.

/ Bearing cross reference #5  
It would appear that you have this type of linear bearing, which is, unfortunately, a rather specialty item. Even Applied Tech, one of the biggest suppliers (used to be Bearings Inc.) refers back to the Pacific Bearing part.
It's possible that getting it through a bearing supply place will save a little over the OEM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

/ Bearing cross reference #6  
Around here we save about half when we buy bearings direct, IF we go to the right supplier. I have paid $12 and $24 for the same bearing made by the same company (Timken) just by using a different wholsaler.
The bearing cost around $40 from the place that made the equipment....

/ Bearing cross reference
It would appear that you have this type of linear bearing, which is, unfortunately, a rather specialty item. Even Applied Tech, one of the biggest suppliers (used to be Bearings Inc.) refers back to the Pacific Bearing part.
It's possible that getting it through a bearing supply place will save a little over the OEM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The bearing pictured in your link is exactly what I have. There are two of them inside of a block that glides along 2 steel rods.
Thanks for that link. I just sent in a quote request to PBC Linear. Maybe I can get a little better price from them than from the maker of my elbow machine and keep a couple spares on hand.