Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Default Bearing cross reference

Not really a tractor related question, but it's about getting parts so what the heck.
    Just got a couple of bearings in the mail today for a Knudson EL 2002 elbow machine. I'm in the seamless gutter business. Anyway, they're Pacific Bearing Co. part # FLC12SE. I got them from the machine's manufacturer and they were $44 each plus shipping.
    Is there anyplace to cross the part number to possibly find a lower cost alternative? They last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons, but I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Default Re: Bearing cross reference

Quote Originally Posted by JJZ 109 View Post
    Not really a tractor related question, but it's about getting parts so what the heck.
    Just got a couple of bearings in the mail today for a Knudson EL 2002 elbow machine. I'm in the seamless gutter business. Anyway, they're Pacific Bearing Co. part # FLC12SE. I got them from the machine's manufacturer and they were $44 each plus shipping.
    Is there anyplace to cross the part number to possibly find a lower cost alternative? They last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons, but I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.
    Go to a bearing supply place (check the yellow pages) and take a bearing with you so they can read the numbers of it . They can match it and any seals using the same methods.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry/MT View Post
    Go to a bearing supply place (check the yellow pages) and take a bearing with you so they can read the numbers of it . They can match it and any seals using the same methods.
    I haven't installed the bearings yet, so they're still in the box with numbers. Now that I think about it, I have a friend who runs the local Kamen place. He's dealt with bearings and all other kind of industrial stuff forever.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Hyster H50

It would appear that you have this type of linear bearing, which is, unfortunately, a rather specialty item. Even Applied Tech, one of the biggest suppliers (used to be Bearings Inc.) refers back to the Pacific Bearing part.
    It's possible that getting it through a bearing supply place will save a little over the OEM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Anxiously awaiting Dr. Savage's return to the airwaves.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4300

Around here we save about half when we buy bearings direct, IF we go to the right supplier. I have paid $12 and $24 for the same bearing made by the same company (Timken) just by using a different wholsaler.
    The bearing cost around $40 from the place that made the equipment....

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by flyerdan View Post
    It would appear that you have this type of linear bearing, which is, unfortunately, a rather specialty item. Even Applied Tech, one of the biggest suppliers (used to be Bearings Inc.) refers back to the Pacific Bearing part.
    It's possible that getting it through a bearing supply place will save a little over the OEM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    The bearing pictured in your link is exactly what I have. There are two of them inside of a block that glides along 2 steel rods.
    Thanks for that link. I just sent in a quote request to PBC Linear. Maybe I can get a little better price from them than from the maker of my elbow machine and keep a couple spares on hand.
    Todd