Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Bearing cross reference

    Not really a tractor related question, but it's about getting parts so what the heck.
    Just got a couple of bearings in the mail today for a Knudson EL 2002 elbow machine. I'm in the seamless gutter business. Anyway, they're Pacific Bearing Co. part # FLC12SE. I got them from the machine's manufacturer and they were $44 each plus shipping.
    Is there anyplace to cross the part number to possibly find a lower cost alternative? They last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons, but I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Jerry/MT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,988
    Location
    Western Montana
    Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

    Default Re: Bearing cross reference

    Quote Originally Posted by JJZ 109 View Post
    Not really a tractor related question, but it's about getting parts so what the heck.
    Just got a couple of bearings in the mail today for a Knudson EL 2002 elbow machine. I'm in the seamless gutter business. Anyway, they're Pacific Bearing Co. part # FLC12SE. I got them from the machine's manufacturer and they were $44 each plus shipping.
    Is there anyplace to cross the part number to possibly find a lower cost alternative? They last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons, but I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.
    Go to a bearing supply place (check the yellow pages) and take a bearing with you so they can read the numbers of it . They can match it and any seals using the same methods.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Bearing cross reference

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry/MT View Post
    Go to a bearing supply place (check the yellow pages) and take a bearing with you so they can read the numbers of it . They can match it and any seals using the same methods.
    I haven't installed the bearings yet, so they're still in the box with numbers. Now that I think about it, I have a friend who runs the local Kamen place. He's dealt with bearings and all other kind of industrial stuff forever.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

  4. #4
    Elite Member Don87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,226
    Location
    SW Pa.
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

    Default Re: Bearing cross reference

    Don

    MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

  5. #5
    Gold Member flyerdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    327
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Tractor
    Hyster H50

    Default Re: Bearing cross reference

    It would appear that you have this type of linear bearing, which is, unfortunately, a rather specialty item. Even Applied Tech, one of the biggest suppliers (used to be Bearings Inc.) refers back to the Pacific Bearing part.
    It's possible that getting it through a bearing supply place will save a little over the OEM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Anxiously awaiting Dr. Savage's return to the airwaves.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,627
    Location
    Bancroft, Ontario
    Tractor
    JD4300

    Default Re: Bearing cross reference

    Around here we save about half when we buy bearings direct, IF we go to the right supplier. I have paid $12 and $24 for the same bearing made by the same company (Timken) just by using a different wholsaler.
    The bearing cost around $40 from the place that made the equipment....

  7. #7
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Bearing cross reference

    Quote Originally Posted by flyerdan View Post
    It would appear that you have this type of linear bearing, which is, unfortunately, a rather specialty item. Even Applied Tech, one of the biggest suppliers (used to be Bearings Inc.) refers back to the Pacific Bearing part.
    It's possible that getting it through a bearing supply place will save a little over the OEM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    The bearing pictured in your link is exactly what I have. There are two of them inside of a block that glides along 2 steel rods.
    Thanks for that link. I just sent in a quote request to PBC Linear. Maybe I can get a little better price from them than from the maker of my elbow machine and keep a couple spares on hand.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

Similar Threads

  1. T9 Alternator Cross Reference ?
    By Fork14 in forum Terramite
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 11:09 PM
  2. Filter Cross Reference??
    By BigGreenMachine in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
  3. Cross reference
    By Trainer in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
  4. Looking for BX filters cross reference
    By Junkman in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 10:19 PM
  5. R1,R3,R4 Cross Reference
    By 2710Fan in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 06:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.