Popped bead on loaded R4.

/ Popped bead on loaded R4. #1  

The Haymaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 T2220
I wasn't real sure where to put this.

I was pushing Nemo around last night, making my boy a snow mountain. Pushing in low gear and using high when in transit. Not real sure what happened, but hit deep snow and ran out of steam. Shifted to low, and right about the time I thought "binding", there was the "blup!" Of large tire bead letting loose, a sudden drop and the left rear followed by and EXPLOSION of Rim Guard that covered myself and the tractor.

Inside bead let loose. Near as I can tell, I forgot, and never noticed, that I hadn't put the pins in the 3pth stabilizers. One of the pins got caught in the chain and somehow blew the bead. One leg of the clevis at the bottom of the lift link was also bent out.

Miraculously, there was no damage to the tire! I'm out many gallons of Rim Guard and the joy of removing a wheel, 300 yards into a field, in a blizzard. Oh, and shoveling out my pickup that I used to drag the tire to the house.

I also threw in a pic of what made remounting the tire much easier.

Sorry about the flipped photos. Smaht Phone.

Attachments

• 20130210_095430.jpg
    20130210_095430.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 20130209_160624.jpg
    20130209_160624.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20130209_154817.jpg
    20130209_154817.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 20130209_161605.jpg
    20130209_161605.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 125
   / Popped bead on loaded R4. #3  
Sorry to hear about the tire. I hope you were able to get the rimguard off the paint before it dried, that stuff is nasty to remove. And I gotta ask.......did dear wifey let you enter the house with Rimguard on you? That stuff smells awful.

/ Popped bead on loaded R4.
Removal was no Iissue. It all came off with hot water. Stink? Yes! Surprisingly wife said nothing!

Stuff is supposedly non-toxic, but dog had to learn the hard way why I was trying to keep him out of it. I found it more than coincidental that he barfed up a large brown mass. Can't believe he touched it. I caught some in the mouth a few years back when an errant stick broke a rim spud.

Another note, in temps as low as 5f, the stuff turns snow into a VERY sticky slurry. It pooled on top of the frozen ground and made the repair even more entertaining.

Sorry to hear about the tire. I hope you were able to get the rimguard off the paint before it dried, that stuff is nasty to remove. And I gotta ask.......did dear wifey let you enter the house with Rimguard on you? That stuff smells awful.

/ Popped bead on loaded R4. #5  
Removal was no Iissue. It all came off with hot water. Stink? Yes! Surprisingly wife said nothing!

Stuff is supposedly non-toxic, but dog had to learn the hard way why I was trying to keep him out of it. I found it more than coincidental that he barfed up a large brown mass. Can't believe he touched it. I caught some in the mouth a few years back when an errant stick broke a rim spud.

Another note, in temps as low as 5f, the stuff turns snow into a VERY sticky slurry. It pooled on top of the frozen ground and made the repair even more entertaining.
I feel for you. I hope I'm never in that situation, as I'm using Rimguard also.