Tractor just stopped running

/ Tractor just stopped running #11  
Were you working the machine in heavy brush or snow? If so you'll need to crawl under and see if a wire was pulled off a saftey switch... I'd look at the switch on the clutch. Also it's possible the switch was moved from it's proper position so no longer making contact....

Also have youu tried shorting the starter solonoid to see if it will turn over? IF it does and starts it's simple to replace the solonoid.

Regards,
Chris

/ Tractor just stopped running #12  
Happened on my backhoe one year right in the middle of a county highway,plowin'heavy snow. I was stumped,but fortunately all it needed was a new switch,which had quit actuating the injection solenoid which shut off fuel to the injection pump. Could be that simple,like a previous poster said. don-ohio ;)

/ Tractor just stopped running
Thanks for the reply. I was moving snow with the loader (had been doing so for about an hour-and-a-half), I was backing up starting to turn and the tractor stopped running. No burble, no winding down - just stopped cold. Immediately turned the key - nothing. No click, no sounds at all. Lights work, directionals, and flashers work as well. Checked all the fuses - all appear good. Checked seat safety connection - appears good.

I welcome any suggestions. And, thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion - it does stay outside (though I do use the plastic guard for the switch) - I'll check the switch nonetheless. Again, thanks.

/ Tractor just stopped running #15  
Yeah.....still sounds like the switch or maybe a loose connection at the starter solenoid? Hope you get it fixed real quick and let us know the solution,okay? don-ohio :)^)

Thanks for the suggestion. Checked out the switch - it's not disconnected, loose, or broken wires, it's not shorted and it passes power through it (headlights turn on when switch is turned to on). Onto to the solenoid. Will be sure to let you know what is ultimately is.

Solenoid is good don-ohio. It pushes in and springs back nicely. Per another member's recommendation I went through the fuel system (checking for water, clogging, etc.) all seems good. As I mentioned to another member, when this is said and done, my tractor will be fully serviced :) Thanks again for you input. Will let you know what it turns out to be.

Thanks for the reply murphy1244! I took you advice and reposted on the M-F forum. Have received great advice there as well. Battery terminals and the ground line are in excellent condition. Battery tests at over 90%. Not sure how to circut test the system as a whole (if it's even possible), so I have been trying subsystems - tester reads zero after the switch yet shows the switch is good. The wires are in good shape nothing loose or broken and no corrosion. I'm headed to my M-F dealer for a new switch anyway. Thanks again!

Hey everyone - finally got it! I decided to start over (a suggestion from my wife!) which meant starting with the fuses. I checked those first thing immediately after the breakdown. Every one of them looked good. No breaks, no burn spots, nothing. So I moved on. This time I tested them and the one farther to the right in the fuse block was defective! Visually it looked brand new. Lesson learned: fuses don't always tell the truth just by looking at them! And I am feeling somewhat foolish.

Thanks to everyone and all of your suggestions! This is a great site with terrific people on it! Hope to be able to return the favor one day.

Solomon

/ Tractor just stopped running #20  
Better give the wife unit some pretty flowers or take her out to dinner