Farmall 95C

/ Farmall 95C #1  

chiefs1177

Tractor
Farmall 95c
I have a 2008 Farmall 95 C. About a week ago, It started fine and ever since than, it has been starting hard. After it turns over for a bit, it will finally start. It almost acts like it is not getting fuel but I am not sure. Was wondering if anyone had the same problem and what could be causing it?

Thanks,

/ Farmall 95C #2  
I have a 2008 Farmall 95 C. About a week ago, It started fine and ever since than, it has been starting hard. After it turns over for a bit, it will finally start. It almost acts like it is not getting fuel but I am not sure. Was wondering if anyone had the same problem and what could be causing it?

Thanks,

How cold are your tempertures? When is the last time you changed the water seprator filter and the fuel filter?Are you using summer grade fuel?
There may be a water separator ahead of the main fuel filter, open the drain on that and see if you have a fuel. If you don't and the temps are below freesing, the water separator may ave frozen. Heat it with ablow drier and collect the fluid. Fuel will float on top of the water.
There is usually a water drain on the main fuel filter. Open the drain and see if you have a constant flow of fuel. If not it maybe frozen. Same proceedure as the separator. Collect any drainage and look for water contamionation at that point.
If you have a lift pump just ahead of the injector pump, remove the cover and there wil be a screen in there. Make sure it's not clogged. It should have a pump handle on it to prime the injector pump so prime it.
Check all the fuel fittings for tightness. An air leak will cause the line to drain between operations and it will have to be reprimed refore every start.
The diesel's weakness is water contamiation of fuel and fuel gelling in cold weather. Water contamination can be managed, but not eliminated. Keep the tank full as best you can to minimize condensation. Additives can prevent gelling and winter grade fuel usually contains these plus some percentage of #1 diesel to reduce the pour point.

Hope this helps you.