? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
at work I have a echo cs 370 chainsaw on my desk. apparently i am tasked with removing the cen- clutch to replace the quite wore sprocket that lives under it.

so how do you get them darn things off? ;)

all the small engine shops are backlogged right now.. will be next tuesday before anyone will see it... if I can take it apart.. I might just be able to get the part locally nad have it running.. etc.

thanks

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw #2  
Does this clutch have any type of hex to put a socket on or does it require a spanner wrench or band wrench. If a socket style I have had good luck using an air impact wrench to remove them. Also I am 99% sure they have left hand threads. Just look at the saw and determine which way the chain torque is try to turn the clucth and turn it the opposite way to loosen.

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw
no hex. when you remov ehte saw side plate you see the round clutch.. outter band, and inner 3 parts with springs holding. you CAN get a spanner band wrench on it.. ad I have tried taking it off but am fearfull that I will damage the flywheel doing so as that is the only way to hold it... so I stopped the BFH route and stepped back asking if there is a trick to it.

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw #4  
Google echo chainsaw clutch removal. Several solutions

that's funny.

first 3 i pulled up.

1 is not applicable as it says it has an 8mm head onit which it doesn't.

other 2 simply said.

'use a tool to remove the clutch'

nice explanation they got there.. :)

i ended up filling the jug with at and them buzzed it off with an air hammer

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw #8  
i ended up filling the jug with at and them buzzed it off with an air hammer

Next time try pulling the plug and feeding nylon rope into cylinder = no mess from at fluid, works for me .

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw #9  
Next time try pulling the plug and feeding nylon rope into cylinder = no mess from at fluid, works for me .

Plus One, that how I prevented my Husky from turning when I had to install a new drive sprocket.

/ ? rmove clutch to replace sprocket on chainsaw #10  
Plus One, that how I prevented my Husky from turning when I had to install a new drive sprocket.

Works for changing valve springs too! Holds the valve in the up position so they don't drop into the cylinder .