injector pum

/ injector pum #1  

boxorox

Silver Member
Tractor
shibaura s1500/kuboto bx2200/
my injector pump only 2 of four outlets produce fuel there is two dipsticks one has dirty fluid the other is empty is it fuel or hydrolic fluid/ is there some orings inside that maybe replaced or can it loose prime/ any info is much appreciated.

/ injector pum
ok this tractor sat up for a while and was locked up . I took out the injectors and put some break free and oil in it and let it soak viola it broke loose turns over easy now working on injector pump and noticed when I spray starting fluid in the two intakes It only fires on one side/could it be a stuck valve or did it sitting up for two years ruin compression. at least it turns over any help is very very much appreciated.

/ injector pum
Ok this may be a conversation with myself but Now I got all my injectors pumping and when I turn it over it fires but when I disengage the starter it doesnt keep running the exhaust is dark am I not getting enough pressure how much pressure do i need.also how important are the fuel return lines as mine are cracked dont they just return excess fuel to the tank Im going to replace them today. if that dont work I am going to take apart the injector pump and replace any orings to make sure it has enough pressure. is this a good Idea.??????

/ injector pum #4  
No offense but you don't sound like you really know enough to service an injector pump. It would good to give a description of the problem you are having and what steps you have taken to fix it. My experience is that if you can't diagnose it and have enough skill to fix it then you need to have a professional do it.

/ injector pum
I agree but no funds at this time/ the tractor is shibaura I have a hinimoto and the type of injector pumplooks almost the same except the amount of cylinders it also looks like some fords/ anyway heres some history I got the tractor for a song and dance it set in mans garage for two years as he bought new bx 2400 and as my dad has bx2200 I understand why he neglected it but Now its mine the motor was locked up from setting up.I took out the injectors and put in break free and oil let it sit for a day tried to turn it over and it broke free I tok the injectors apart and cleaned them and took off the lines at injector pump noticed only a little bit of fuel coming out of each spot the lines went . I put it back together blead lines and cranked it it fires as Im cranking it but as soon as I let go of key it stops

/ injector pum #6  
That sounds like an old gas engine car with a failed ballast resistor. Do you have an electric solenoid fuel shutoff on the pump? Could the key switch be only powering that shutoff in the start position but not in run position? Try with a test light. May be something simple. Good luck.
Jim

/ injector pum #7  
Have a 1973 Furgason 135 diesel . Can' get fuel to bleed through injector pump. Fuel does get to injector pump just can't get to come through. Have installed new fuel tank, new lift pump,new filters. Tractor died while in use.

Any help would be appreciated

/ injector pum #8  
Have a 1973 Furgason 135 diesel . Can' get fuel to bleed through injector pump. Fuel does get to injector pump just can't get to come through. Have installed new fuel tank, new lift pump,new filters. Tractor died while in use.

Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to TBN.

You need to start your own thread here: Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage or here: Parts/Repairs