Mighty Mule 500/502 repair

/ Mighty Mule 500/502 repair #1  

deerecreek

Tractor
deere 4160
Hello, I have had some trouble with my mighty mule 500 opener arm. I found a place to buy the motor, switches and resistors for them, then the control board went bad. after fixing this one and some for friends, I have gotten pretty good at it! LOL Just wondering if anyone has replaced these and has the old ones around that I can rebuild for others needing them. Mighty mule wants near $300 for new and I can rebuild them and sell for about $125 if I can get cores. Will pay $20 for usable cores, or rebuild yours for you. maybe can help others not have to pay $300 for new one. 8303399652 Lester

/ Mighty Mule 500/502 repair #2  
After my second MM500 failed because of control board issues, I only kept the MM500 housing and the motor assembly with red and black wires still attached, then put 2 DPDT 12 relays inside the housing, where the control board used to be. Then bought a 12 remote control from Amazon to control the 2 relays. One relay operates forward movement and the second relay operates closing. For simplicity sake, I have to keep the corresponding remote button pressed until the gate opens or closes ('A' button wired to 'A' relay and 'B' button wired to pick 'B' relay). I had added dpdt relays for the ability to wire in external limit switches and set the external control module to latch mode versus the default momentary setting but am waiting for my web based 12 controller to arrive and try wiring things up.. Beats trying to get support from MM, in my opinion..