Kohler Magnum 20 Cylinders interchangable?

/ Kohler Magnum 20 Cylinders interchangable? #1  

defranks

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 4220
This is a question without a lot of background, but the group here is pretty knowlegable, and I hope one of you can help.

I have a Vermeer 620 chipper powered by a 20 hp Kohler Magnum engine. The engine label is completely worn away from the engine, so I have no clue what the spec is, and there is no specific information anywhere on the chipper frame, either. I know it's a Kohler Magnum 20 hp based on labeling on the air cleaner, but that's about it.

The engine starts and runs, but it lacks power and it burns a LOT of oil. I think the bottom end is just fine, but it needs pistons and rings.

A seller on eBay has a pair of cylinders complete with pistons (used) for a fairly reasonable price. I know that Kohler had different engine specs depending upon application, and some of that includes crank length, etc. But what I don't know is whether all the cylinders will interchange. If they will, then I can probably just buy these cylinders and swap them out.

Any advice?

And yes, I've considered that the cylinders I am considering could be just as worn as those I have... but I doubt it!

Thanks!

/ Kohler Magnum 20 Cylinders interchangable? #3  
SuperXPower.com is a good site to look up parts,and compare what fits what. They show parts breakdowns and show vermeer used M20-49553 engine.