JD 5105M PowrReverser Modulator

/ JD 5105M PowrReverser Modulator #1  

bigblock

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5105M
It seems like I read somewhere on here that John Deere can provide a kit to retrofit a modulator for the powrreverser on the 5M series tractors. The 4310 that I had before had a two position switch for that but I could never detect much difference between the switch positions. The 4310 seemed to modulate itself better than the 5105M, which just seems a little too abrupt, even if I allow it to return to idle before changing directions.

I would appreciate hearing from someone who has experience installing that kit. Seems like it was said to cost about $100 if I remember correctly.

Thanks.

/ JD 5105M PowrReverser Modulator #2  
Needed a break from doing my taxes, so I thought I would research your question.

In the operators manual for the 5105M, under Front Console Switches and Controls, there is H-PowrReverser Modulation (If Equipped) as I am guessing you already know. Looking at JDparts I found a dash-mounted PowrReverser modulation kit (LVB25727) is available to set the aggressiveness of the forward and reverse shuttle modulation that best fits the application or the operator's comfort level. Cost $144.10. I have attached a picture of the kit.

Sorry could not find any instructions on installation. Maybe you can see, if your dealer can print you off instructions. Hope this helps.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMSJ10032_19/?tM=FR

Attachments

• infvariableshuttle.pdf
    73.2 KB · Views: 193
   / JD 5105M PowrReverser Modulator #3  
When I ordered my 5105M it was about an $110 option which could be dealer installed. I chose not to order it but when when my tractor arrived it was already installed. I would say that it is well worth the money to have it installed. I find that when I am doing loader work in tight quarters I will adjust so that it is more aggressive. I also use that setting when operating in on a slope. The rest of the time I will adjust so that it shifts less agressively.

/ JD 5105M PowrReverser Modulator
Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses. I was hoping to find someone who has installed one of these kits. I think I might repost this in a JD forum. I probably should have posted it there in the first place. Thanks again.