M/F 30E with power shuttle

/ M/F 30E with power shuttle #1  

donbay

Tractor
M/F 30E Powershuttle
MY tractor will not shift into drive nor is the power steering working. I changed the screen filter on the input side of the power steering pump and everything worked for about one hour then quit. I removed the filter and everything works. Does this indicate a weak PS pump? PS pump not available at parts stores but Massy wants $1800 for a new one.

/ M/F 30E with power shuttle #2  
MY tractor will not shift into drive nor is the power steering working. I changed the screen filter on the input side of the power steering pump and everything worked for about one hour then quit. I removed the filter and everything works. Does this indicate a weak PS pump? PS pump not available at parts stores but Massy wants $1800 for a new one.

If the power steering works without the filter I would think the filter is dirty, perhaps you can remove it and clean and then see what happens.
Not sure if there is a procedure to check pressure from the pump, someone else on here may know and chime in.

If the price of a new pump from Massey dealer is holding you back on a purchase of a new one, see if you can find a rebuilder for the pump.
Clinton tractor salvage (Clinton Mo.) might have a used one ?? their number is ..... 800-769-5823

/ M/F 30E with power shuttle #3  
Could you have gotten water into the fluid? Water will plug a filter that otherwise looks clear.Been there...suffered that! don-ohio

/ M/F 30E with power shuttle

I changed the 12 gal. of fluid, changed the inline screen filter. The PS and power shuttle worked for a few minutes and then quit. i removed the screen filter and PS and power shuttle worked. I don't want to operate without the filter due to posably clogging the steering valve.

Thanks for the reply.

Don

/ M/F 30E with power shuttle
Thanks ,Atlas Bob Cat has new pumps
Don