Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive

/ Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive #1  

cailia

Tractor
Massey 12 hp, JD 5500, Ford 3000
I went to move my MF 12hp tractor but it won't go forward or reverse. Starts up fine, but when the hydrostatic gear lever is moved, nothing happens.

It was working fine when I parked it. Took mostly everything apart, but can't find anything that is obviously broken or sticking. It seems like something has slipped off, but I don't have a clue.

Any one else have this happen and maybe has a solution?

/ Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive #2  
:welcome:

/ Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive #3  
does the tractor roll free with hst disengaged? sometimes brake can hang up and keep tractor from moving

/ Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive #4  
I know my Cub LT1050 hydro has a lever at the back that you pull out to bypass the tranny and allows it to roll freely (sorry just had to state the most obvious thing that happens around my place). How is you hydro tranny powered? Via a belt? Check that too..

/ Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive
Thank you very much for responding.

The tractor moves freely forward and backward. The transmission is belt driven and from what I can see, it is connected properly.

It seems as though there is something disconnected that is stopping the belt from engaging, but I don't have a clue what to look for as I am not too familiar with how the tractor works.

/ Massey Ferguson 12 hp lawn tractor won't drive #6  
Thank you very much for responding.

The tractor moves freely forward and backward. The transmission is belt driven and from what I can see, it is connected properly.

It seems as though there is something disconnected that is stopping the belt from engaging, but I don't have a clue what to look for as I am not too familiar with how the tractor works.
Theres probably a tensioner pulley, on an arm, with a spring attached to keep the belt tensioned properly.

Follow the gear lever down and see what is supposed to be hooked to it.