Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement #1  

schneidvt

Tractor
Ford 1500, Kubota 4240, Ingersoll 2014
I am currently in the process of replacing the clutch on a 4x4 1500. I have sourced the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout but have been unable to locate a part # for the rear main seal. The flywheel seems to be in good condition with no gouges, are there any recomendations on other items to inspect or replace while I have the unit apart? There were no unusual noises before disassembly,just a little slip under heavy load, clutch was out of adjustment room, and after inspection there was some oil contamination to the disk. Tractor has a little over 6000 hrs on it. I appreciate any suggestions as this will be my first clutch replacement and have no manuals to rely on.

current progress
tractor.jpg

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement #2  
Click on this link: http://www.messicks.com/NH/65672.aspx

When the page appears, select "engine" in the menu at left. Then scroll down to crankshaft, and flywheel, and click on it. Look for #19 in the exploded view, and in the part description. Part number is listed there.

Just double check to make sure it is the right one.

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement #3  
Check the front seal on the transmission while it is apart.

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement
Thanks for the info, should be able to start re-assembly next weekend. Might even get it right the first time, probably not but it's a good goal.

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement #6  
if you have a little oil change out your seals .. i am in the same boat right now with a MF65 only i have split mine 3 times now and still leaking need to split one more time .. had my father helping me and it went together with a bind . after he left i pulled it back found why it was binding put back together and still leaked ... with the bind i think i took out the seals again .fun fun fun ...i got it down to 45 min to pull apart lol ..good luck with yours

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement #7  
I would resufrace the flywheel too if you're putting a clutch in. Might as well do the job complete and do it once the right way.

/ Ford 1500 Clutch Replacement
the previous owner told us it had about 4000 when we got it, I doubt he would give a number that high if he wasn't telling the truth or atleast trying to. I have no doubts that numerous things have been replaced since then, i just wanted to make sure I put it in there in case there were some items that aren't usualy replaced or checked except on heavily used equipment.

Jason