Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection

/ Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection #1  

OnlineCaroline

Tractor
1975 Troybilt Horse Tiller
I own a venerable 1975 Troybilt 2 Speed Horse model tiller that needs a new engine. We have the engine and are ready to install, but the reverse disk is beyond hope. I have not been able to find a replacement part. Don't know why - the machine is only 37 years old! I would rather not do without reverse, but may have to do so. I understand that many rental places actually remove the reverse disk to avoid trouble from inexperienced users. Does anyone know if there's a way to find such a part? Troybilt parts obviously don't go back that far. Bummer!

/ Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection #2  
:welcome: to TBN

/ Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection #4  
Welcome aboard. Best wishes. There is a specific forum here on TBN which is "Marketplace-Wanted Ads". Perhaps you could post your needs there. I used to live and work in Sullivan County, next to you.

/ Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection #5  

Attachments

• TroyBuiltHorse6HP 001.jpg
    TroyBuiltHorse6HP 001.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 3,657
   / Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection #6  
Greetings and welcome to TBN.

/ Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection
Many thanks to all of you who responded to my thread! I finally managed to locate the part I need at Troybilt by talking directly to someone in the parts department, however a part that cost $8 in 1975 now costs $44! Wow, does that ever bring home the truth that we are victims of inflation. FYI to anyone looking for parts there, you can expect that some old parts are no longer available, but, fortunately for me, this one is.

/ Old Troybilt Tiller resurrection #9  
Welcome to TBN. :)