Deere 410C pins/bushings

/ Deere 410C pins/bushings #1  

Nicetoy

Tractor
1986 Ford 1710, JD 410C, and JD 450
Hello,

I recently scored a Deere 410 C for an upcoming house build. It was a steal at 5K, but naturally has some maintenance issues to take care of. Runs like a top, and I confirmed with the Deere dealer that serviced it that while it reads just over 1000 hours, it in fact has around 11000 hours. The dealer also confirmed that at about the 9500 hour mark they replaced the entire motor, and hydraulic pump with brand new factory crate parts. That said, the guts are mint, and it needs various hoses, clean up, wiring and pins/bushings to be an unbelievable deal with the $5000 I paid.

The biggest issues right now, is the hydraulics stutter a bit. There are a few leaks, mostly steering and swing cylinders. The stutter feels to me like a lower fluid/filter issue. I havn't gotten around to checking on that yet. And the big one is the pins/bushings in the hoe, the one that concerns me the most is the top frame to swing tower bushing/pin. it is egged out, and there is nothing left to the bushing that was there at one time, the hoe unfortunately looks like it was heavily used, and infrequently greased. I am readying to pull the whole hoe off, and start replacing every pin and bushing I can. Does anybody have a 310/410/510 that might be able to take some close up detailed pictures of those frame to swing tower pins/bushings so I can see what it's "supposed" to look like? Also, any tips for removing the backhoe piece by piece? Anybody know how much that Dipper Stick weighs? I figure I should pull the bucket, pull the bucket cylinder, have the hoe stretched all the way out so it's close to the ground making it easier to work on. I have much smaller Ford 1710 with loader that I can use to assist, but the lift capacity with that machine is limited as its a 3500# to 4000# machine. Any advice, tips would be very helpful. Thanks, in advance.

Last edited:
   / Deere 410C pins/bushings #2  
It sounds like the swing tower will need to be lined bored and rebushed. You may find that other parts of the hoe have worn through the wear bushings as well and may require line boring too. You are on the right track as far as disassembling the hoe but you may be able to do most pins and bushings with out taking everything apart. You will need to take the swing tower off though to line bore it which would require disassembly and your machine may be too small to safely do it. Another option would be to start calling around to some places that specialize in used equipment parts and look for a swing tower that still has bushings in it, since it is a "C" model there should be some that have found their way to a parts graveyard.

/ Deere 410C pins/bushings
Tags,
I'm in CT as well, any leads on guys in CT doing line boring? I'm afraid of what that may cost me as this is a homeowner rig and not a commerical rig. Are the bushings in the swing tower, or do the bushings go in the ears on the frame? it looks like the bushings go in the frame as best I can tell.. I wish I knew how much each component weighed as I can safely move quite a bit with my 1710. I also have a 2 ton chain fall, and could put together some type of gantry for this purpose if I need to. I'd like to be able to move the individual components around, as I have a manual thumb to weld to the dipper stick, and a crack on the Dipper by the mount for the bucket cylinder to weld/plate.

/ Deere 410C pins/bushings #4  
The chain fall would help immensely as i dont think any single component of the hoe would weigh much over 1 ton, if even that much. I can tell you line boring would be less than a new component for sure. Usually the bushings go where the pin rotates but it is possible both components have bushings as well. Just to be clear, are talking about where the boom connects to the swing tower or where the swing tower connects to the machine and swing cylinders?

/ Deere 410C pins/bushings
Where the swing tower connects to the frame of the machine / swing cylinders. I mean the rest is worn too, but not nearly to the extent of that connection, tighten up that one connection, and it would make a world of a difference for the rest of the hoe. I can deal with a little slop, like I said, homeowner machine and I don't have much to do requiring "finesse"

/ Deere 410C pins/bushings #6  
Sounds like itll need to be line bored. Sent you a private message that may be helpful check you mailbox....

/ Deere 410C pins/bushings #7