Broken bolt extraction tips

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #1  
I noticed a few broken bolts on my loader frame on my 3316 mahindra. The leftover pieces are located in a very hard to access area and drilling is not really an option. Does anyone have any experience with hard to get bolt extractions. I might try to weld a rod on and see if I can twist out but I would try other things first. Torching isn't a good idea either. Any suggestions would help.

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #2  
Can you post a few pics so we can see what you mean by "very hard to access" ? Steve

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #3  
I have always had good luck with welding a nut on whats left of the broken bolt if it is flush or a little higher. But with out any pictures, it is hard to help you out. Do you have a quick attach loader, how hard is it to get things out of your way to access the bolts. Some times tearing down something to make it easier to get to helps you out in the long run on a fix. LUTT

/ Broken bolt extraction tips
Was checking my loader manual and it doesn't seem too bad to remove the parts. The frame is actually several pieces so it shouldn't be to much trouble. Probably will save time if I Do it the hard way. As always. Thanks to all.

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #5  
Soak the bolts down with some "Knock 'er Loose" for a few days prior. That has always helped me.

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #6  
Your welcome, sometimes the hard way really is not the hard way if you know what I mean. LUTT

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #7  
there is a tool that sears has i used one and was really impressed with it.. it looks like a socket but has a course heft hand bur in it ..if any of the bolts are sticking out this tool will work

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #8  
lets see pics. if there is no room to drill.. there may be less room for welding.. etc...

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #9  
The bad thing about welding, something on a broken bolt is that if it does not come out, then you have a real problem because the welded part is going to be harder than heck.
Even if you are going to weld on it soaking it down and center punching it, will help a lot.
Drilling completely threw then putting in a penetrating oil, sometimes I would hook up the welder threw an easy out and let it heat the piece up, then when it cools off, an hour later remove it.
good luck!

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #10  
the welding usually isn't an issue with hardnedd. if you weld a nut to the stud and it doesn't come out.. the weldment usually snatches a piece off the top of the stud anyway.. :)