Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kama 554

Default JD 1050 3pt wont move. Any ideas??

Wont move at all. I dont have a loader on so i dont know if the pump is working or not. where to start?

Gold Member

Default Re: JD 1050 3pt wont move. Any ideas??

underneath the tractor's tranny below the seat area their is a metal tube about 2.5 inches in diameter,take out the bolts on the left side and pull the screen filter out,clean it with some diesel and clean off any sludge,at the same time I would change the fluid and the main hydraulic filter,Alot of times you build moisture up in the tranny and it turns into slime and it can block the filter and possibally trip a relief valve,does the power steering work ?

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

There's a knob, probably just below the seat, that controls the rate (how fast) of drop of the 3PH. If it's closed, the 3PH won't move at all.

Just a guess...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV

from my experience with a 1020, the lift quit working, cleaned the screen and found brake material in the screen...ended up having to put brakes on....the brake material was coming apart and stopping up the screen..hope yours turns out to be a simple repair..
    heehaw

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Just a thought, but I have heard that water in the fluid will cause the brake pad material to come apart on wet type of brakes. CASE had this problem in their tractors shortly after their merger with IH. It appears that the IH HY-TRAN fluid held more water suspended than the old CASE lube and caused the brake pad material to fall apart. Case very quickly changed their bonding agent in their brake disks. Of course that did not help everyone with the older CASE brakes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 1050 2wd, Case 580D 2wd

1050's have dry brakes... The pickup screen is a good place to start though.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D Supersteer

All of sudden my NH-TC40D 3-pt wouldn't lift. I had inadvertantly pushed the control lever for my rear remote (which wasn't in use) to the "up" position. I guess all the hydraulic pump output was just running through the pressure relief and none was left for the 3-pt to run. Had me scratching my head for a while! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brakes on a 1050 are external so that won't stop up the screen. I have seen a 950 with a weak pump start working by bleeding the pressure line right below the seat in front. ( very messy) Eventually had to replace the pump.