2,490 hours on Yanmar diesel

/ 2,490 hours on Yanmar diesel #1  

Move Along

Tractor
Deere 935
I have a JD F935. Yanmar diesel 2,490 hr. I can not get it to start. I mowed with it, stopped for lunch, and never got it going again. I have pulled injectors and all three do spray, fresh fuel. Motor had a lot of blow-by, last year mowing season. At those hours, is it considered wore out? Open for suggestions.

/ 2,490 hours on Yanmar diesel #2  
To shut it off do you pull a lever to stop the fuel supply. If so make sure it is in the run position. Let the engine cool down then give it a try.

2490 hours is not alot. If it has had proper maintenance you should expect upward of 5000 hours before any major work.

/ 2,490 hours on Yanmar diesel #3  
Blow by means compression getting past the rings. The more blow by you have the less compression you have. It will reach a point where you don't have enough compression to fire the fuel. It usually gets harder and harder to start over time. If your mower started fine when you started to mow I wouldn't think this would be the problem. I would check your glow plus and fuel shut off. There might be fuses for them.
Bill

/ 2,490 hours on Yanmar diesel
Thanks for the help. If I make an adapter that will fit where the ejector goes and a compression test, will that work like a gas motor? If so do you have an idea of what compression is OK? Thanks again Randy

/ 2,490 hours on Yanmar diesel #5  
Thanks for the help. If I make an adapter that will fit where the ejector goes and a compression test, will that work like a gas motor? If so do you have an idea of what compression is OK? Thanks again Randy

Make sure you gauge can handle the pressure. A diesel is usually in the 450 to 650psi zone.