Koehring 166 D problem, won't move.

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move. #1  

ridestolenbmx

Tractor
Koehring 166-D
I have a Koehring (Parsons) 166D backhoe. I have just put the tranny back in after a rebuild. It fits in and shifts (its a T18 Borg-Warner tranny) but it wants to move but barely can. First gear it moves at about 3 mph, if that and won't go up hills at all. 2nd third and 4th do nothing.Some times it seems to slip but it makes no grinding noises, what could i be doing wrong?

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move. #2  
What kind of drive does it have? don-ohio

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move. #4  
Does it have a shuttle type,torque converter drive? don-ohio

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move.
Its a borg-warner shuttle lock to be exact.

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move. #6  
Okay.....on my shuttle shift backhoe,there is a torque converter relief valve that CAN stick,killing your fluid pressure to torque converter and not allowing the torque converter to stay full of fluid to drive the trans. I have tried to look up your specific drive,but I keep coming up empty.
don-ohio :)^)

Where would i possibley find this, ANY tips or ideas are welcome please, im at a loss right now, thanks :).

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move. #8  
Well,first,if you can,do a pressure check to the torque converter. I think mine is <80 psi(that's when the torque converter relief valve is supposed to open). I'll look it up in troubleshooting guide,but on yours this might be totally different. don-ohio :)^)

/ Koehring 166 D problem, won't move. #9  
Okay,my pressure check is good between 80-110 psi(so THAT's when the relief valve would open,110+psi). You check it on mine at the shuttle clutch valve,one of the plugs in the valve. If it's below 80psi they say suspect a stuck open relief valve. You really need to get some info.,like I did,buy a service manual for it.
I hope that I might've helped,but it's pretty hard to help without specific info. to the machine.
The last thing I'd say is make sure your shuttle clutch fluid filter hasn't collapsed on you.Been there...suffered that! LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Where is the torque converter usually at LOL! By the way im only 16 so im not to smart about all this yet, but hey! i got the tranny in by myself!