slip clutch friction disc

/ slip clutch friction disc #11  
Sorry I can't help in finding new discs. But I'm wondering why they were worn out?? Maybe the clutch has been slipping a LOT. As with a brushcutter, I always loosen the clutch in the Spring and make sure it slips, then tighten and run a few minutes with a load. Then I stop and touch the clutch pack with my hand to see if it's warm or hot which would indicate it is constantly slipping. Tighten until it runs cool.

Sorry for the hijack.

I'll see your highjack and raise you a highjack:
I run a sharpie line across the two flanges and the friction disk, which gives me a visual check on slippage.

Last edited:
   / slip clutch friction disc #12  
I'll see your highjack and raise you a highjack:
I run a sharpie line across the two flanges and the friction disk, which gives me a visual check on slippage.

Good idea!!!

/ slip clutch friction disc #13  
0Dude,

Curious... What did you decide to do?

/ slip clutch friction disc #14  
yeah, any news?

/ slip clutch friction disc
Thanks for all the help. finally found a same size disc. its a LUK 246172-4, 24006251/c, from very helpful gentleman at, Drive Line Services of Fresno Inc, for $12.00 each plus shipping, shipping high but if not in hurry might see if they would ship by usp in box for a lot less.

/ slip clutch friction disc #16  
Thanks for all the help. finally found a same size disc. its a LUK 246172-4, 24006251/c, from very helpful gentleman at, Drive Line Services of Fresno Inc, for $12.00 each plus shipping, shipping high but if not in hurry might see if they would ship by usp in box for a lot less.

Buy 2 (a spare) just so you don't have to wait on shipping next time!

/ slip clutch friction disc #17  
good to hear back / glad you found something