L4240 grill guard

/ L4240 grill guard #11  
ForumRunner_20131215_155011.pngForumRunner_20131215_154921.png

I just modded the stocker.

I ditched the idea of the wrap around wings due to space issues, it would have only gained me 2" per side and that would have been pretty close to chafing my hydro hoses.
It needs some paint then I will take another pic after install.

/ L4240 grill guard #12  
View attachment 350568View attachment 350569

I just modded the stocker.

I ditched the idea of the wrap around wings due to space issues, it would have only gained me 2" per side and that would have been pretty close to chafing my hydro hoses.
It needs some paint then I will take another pic after install.

I built wings while I was at it. Had plenty of space too which helped. I've got almost as many dents and scrapes on the wings as on the face of the guard. But I pile a LOT of brush with my Grapple!!!

/ L4240 grill guard #13  
I've been trying to get one of these for my L4400, but the local dealership says the ones Kubota makes will not fit since mine has the loader.

Where did you get this? I'm guessing you did not build it from scratch.

Does anyone have a part number for it?

/ L4240 grill guard #14  
I've been trying to get one of these for my L4400, but the local dealership says the ones Kubota makes will not fit since mine has the loader.

Where did you get this? I'm guessing you did not build it from scratch.

Does anyone have a part number for it?

If you are talking to the OP, he modified the factory guard. So did I.

/ L4240 grill guard #16  
My L4400 came with a guard and FEL. It did not fold down and didn't need to. I modified it, adding screen and side shields.

/ L4240 grill guard #17  
View attachment 434235 I was quite fortunate. I read several posts about the need for protection and had this built BEFORE I purchased the grapple.

/ L4240 grill guard #18  
I used perforated on mine just to be different I guess. Is a little easier to paint though.

Attachments

• Kubota guard.jpg
    Kubota guard.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 2,989