Overfilled Oil Bath Air Cooler

/ Overfilled Oil Bath Air Cooler #1  

Bumblebeeman

Tractor
Pasquali 494
I recently bought a used Pasquali Tractor. It has an oil Bath air cleaner intake on it. The other day i was doing a little maintenance and i guess i must have overfilled it. Which seemed really odd to me since i had the manual right in front of me and filled to the line indicated. When i went to turn it on she cranked over and smoked like crazy then shut off. I emptied some of the oil out of the cleaner, and thought i wold be ok to crank her again. Wouldnt turn on, I took the battery out and charged it up. I kind of figured that i would be able to burn off any oil in the cylinder, but maybe i was incorrect. Did i break my engine? I am working on getting a diesel mechanic over here to pull the injectors off with me and inspect the cylinders.

Any tips on what i can do to get her going again?

/ Overfilled Oil Bath Air Cooler #2  
What I would do is very gently turn it over backwards with a wrench off the damper, front pulley bolt. If you can turn it over backwards at least 4 turns, then try turning it over the right way, if it frees up you should be good to go.

/ Overfilled Oil Bath Air Cooler
Thanks for your reply. i turned her backwards several times, seemed to move very easily and freely. charged the battery up, held the glow plugs for 20 seconds and turned it over, it wanted to start but died quickly. I have gone over and over the fuel lines, and im pretty sure its getting fuel with no air bubbles. but i have a feeling there is just too much oil got sucked in. it really smelled like burning oil after it almost started and the smoke seemed to be a bluish white. I was trying it twice once an hour hoping i would burn off just enough of the oil to start. No luck. How can there be too much oil to start but not enough to hydrolock?

Thanks all.

/ Overfilled Oil Bath Air Cooler #4  
If you think its the Oil Bath filter, just take it off and try to start without it. Then you can also clean it out and refill it correctly. You said it wanted to start but died quickly? does that mean it still cranked over ok, but wouldn't start or was cranking slowly? Low compression would give you a starting problem. The more info you can give on the tractor and its starting the better.

/ Overfilled Oil Bath Air Cooler
If you think its the Oil Bath filter, just take it off and try to start without it.

I have tried to take the oil bath filter completely off and start it. unfortunately it does not remedy the problem. It seems i initially had waaay too much oil in the filter, (after doing a little preventive maintenance on this thing for the first time) some got sucked up through the intake, and im pretty sure is now in the cylinders preventing me from starting all the way. If i heat up the plugs for 15-20 seconds then try to start i get a strong smell of burning oil and she will kick over by herself a few times, then dies.

thanks.