e-bay seats

/ e-bay seats #1  

robmc

Tractor
john deere 770 70 fel 7 bh
Does anyone have any experience with the $150.00 replacement seats being sold on E-bay? Mine is getting tired, so time to replace. The oem is over $250.00. Is it worth the price difference?

Thanks

/ e-bay seats #2  
On e-bay I saw an OEM seat for my 855 for $195.
Somewhere I saw a JD compatibility chart.
Look under different models that have compatible seats.
Good luck

/ e-bay seats #3  
I bought one from e bay for my 424. I am very happy with it.

/ e-bay seats
I bought one from e bay for my 424. I am very happy with it.
Thanks, you never know with e-bay. Seems like a good deal. How's the mounting bracket?

/ e-bay seats #5  
Thanks, you never know with e-bay. Seems like a good deal. How's the mounting bracket?

Wait, wait, wait. It's not like there is only one dude on E-bay selling seats. I'd say the best way to not get burned is to check the sellers feed back.

I haven't bought much on E-bay but I won't bother with sellers with less than a 98% rating.

/ e-bay seats #6  
Does anyone have any experience with the $150.00 replacement seats being sold on E-bay? Mine is getting tired, so time to replace. The oem is over $250.00. Is it worth the price difference?

Thanks

Where you looking at these? -robert

View attachment 307174

/ e-bay seats #7  

No mounting brackets on mine. The original was on a steel pan, New one was on heavy plastic pan with threaded inserts. I just mounted it to the existing seat mounting.

/ e-bay seats #8  
My seat sucks and while searching for a replacement that would actually be comfortable, I was using a seat cushion. By accident I found out about seat cushions for wheelchairs and decided to give that a try. I've been using it for 8 years and love it. I can mow for hours without any problems, and when I'm on the dozer all day, my rear is the only thing that doesn't hurt!!!!!

Eddie

/ e-bay seats
I like the idea of the plastic pan. The stock one is very corroded, the prior owner stored the tractor outside. I am going through the whole tractor now. I'm replacing the parts that are too far gone and refinishing the rest with por-15 and a new top coat. Should look pretty again. Thankfully the tractor is in great mechanical condition and the corrosion is limited to the area under the seat(hydraulic lines), and the battery compartment. It seems to me that some weep holes would be beneficial in these areas. Gotta love Por-15.

No mounting brackets on mine. The original was on a steel pan, New one was on heavy plastic pan with threaded inserts. I just mounted it to the existing seat mounting.